AnotherS197GT's Coyote Swap: The Valve Dropper Special

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Like a 3v with 8 lbs of boost I sure.

I wouldn't say that. Less boost yes, what I've seen is that most people forget 11-14 have way better geared transmission who play a huge role, yes the engine is way better but mating the engine with a 3650 like Dylan did will be different, he won't be able to match a bolt-on 11-14 with an MT-82, both well driven.

People focuses on engines and forget transmissions.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. Less boost yes, what I've seen is that most people forget 11-14 have way better geared transmission who play a huge role, yes the engine is way better but mating the engine with a 3650 like Dylan did will be different, he won't be able to match a bolt-on 11-14 with an MT-82, both well driven.

People focuses on engines and forget transmissions.

4.10s with the 3650 make it pretty damn quick. Probably comparable to an MT-82 with 3.55 or 3.73, closer to 3.55 but not quite. The transmissions definitely make a bigger difference than people realize.

Last edited:

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I got my charcoal canister today, courtesy of A3 Tactical. No more fuel smell once this awesome can is on the car.

13814051_303372556684386_2871026191984523699_n.jpg

I also picked up a base 4 gauge cluster to help rid myself of the pesky "check fuel cap" error I keep getting.

If anyone is interested in the can, you can find them here:

https://www.a3fabrication.com/products/9-universal-evap-canister

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
That's one of those things you put in the back of your head just in case you need one. Nice find and I see you can replace the filter material.

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Dylan,

Curious about your thoughts on the MGW + Blowfish bracket on the TR-3650 for this setup?

Is enough of an improvement to satisfy the want for a TR6060/56Mag for a while or still leaving much to be desired?

Austin

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I'm really thrilled with the Blowfish/MGW combo. The shifting is so much better than the remote mount design. It definitely staves off the need for a 6060 for a while, but I will need one eventually. The 3650 just can't handle the high RPM shifts and will still grind from time to time. Money well spent though, if I had to get the bracket again, I certainly would. Plus I bought the 6060 version, so I can use it when I get my 6060.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I like the Mustang badges better also!

Where are you planning on running the Evap canister? If you mount it under the car in the same spot would the water from the rain have any effect on it?

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Quite amazing dude....well done.

Thanks Pat!

I like the Mustang badges better also!

Where are you planning on running the Evap canister? If you mount it under the car in the same spot would the water from the rain have any effect on it?

Yeah, I was going to put the tank in the OEM spot with the OEM shield around it. I don't see it being a problem unless I drive the car into a couple feet of standing water. If that happens, I will probably have worse things to worry about than $5 worth of carbon lol.

Badges went on the other day. So weird seeing a 3V car with 5.0 badges. A co-workers GF met him at work for lunch today and she was really baffled by the Coyote badges on the car lol.

28543955773_288621f1cb_b.jpg

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Thanks Pat!

Yeah, I was going to put the tank in the OEM spot with the OEM shield around it. I don't see it being a problem unless I drive the car into a couple feet of standing water. If that happens, I will probably have worse things to worry about than $5 worth of carbon lol.

Badges went on the other day. So weird seeing a 3V car with 5.0 badges. A co-workers GF met him at work for lunch today and she was really baffled by the Coyote badges on the car lol.

28543955773_288621f1cb_b.jpg

Looks good imo.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Looks good imo.

Definitely does, but it's still weird to see.

As I was leaving school yesterday I saw some kid look at the car, make a weird face, then start glaring at me. I think he knows the badge doesn't belong lol. I need to get a louder exhaust so they can hear the 4V.

travelers

Reaction score
Definitely does, but it's still weird to see.

As I was leaving school yesterday I saw some kid look at the car, make a weird face, then start glaring at me. I think he knows the badge doesn't belong lol. I need to get a louder exhaust so they can hear the 4V.

That's the fun of different but correct badges.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
That's the fun of different but correct badges.

Thats why they're there! It doesn't hurt my feelings, and I'd be happy to show him that I'm not lying :whistle1:.

Got my 4 gauge cluster in last night, no more gas cap message. My mileage is way off though and I am a little concerned about being flagged for odometer fraud. I also finished up installing my carbon canister and loomed up my AC wiring. Just need to do my reverse lights this weekend and finish up a little more wire looming.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back