AnotherS197GT's Coyote Swap: The Valve Dropper Special

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Got some more finished tonight. We will be hitting the wiring pretty hard tomorrow night. Just waiting for the clutch and a few odds and ends to show up to finish everything. Fuel system goes in next week, and will hopefully be running by this time next week. The Blowfish bracket is really a nice piece. Thanks again to Steve @ Blowfish for making such a cool piece!

28138735934_6221951953_h.jpg

28138735794_adc459381f_h.jpg

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
28782795805_a2ab750e08_b.jpg

Just need to finish:

-cooling system
-fuel system
-running PS lines
-clutch/reinstall trans
-finish up a little bit of wiring

The car should *hopefully* be running again before next weekend. Unfortunately, I won't be able to work on the car at all this weekend. Most things that need to be done are very quick and easy jobs. I'm hoping Monday I will be able to do the clutch and either cooling or PS. Maybe all 3, depending on how beat I am when I get home.

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
You forgot to hook up the sound symposer to the firewall!

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Transmission is in the car, most of the wiring is done. Fuel system goes in tomorrow, hopefully the wiring will be finished, PS lines will be run and the car should be ready to start.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Absolutely badass Dylan!! You are making some pretty good progress from the looks of it. When do you think it might be ready to fireup?

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I want to do this so bad!

Amazing job so far... I'll be checking on this build.

It's a lot of work, but nothing too difficult, make it happen!

Absolutely badass Dylan!! You are making some pretty good progress from the looks of it. When do you think it might be ready to fireup?

It certainly helps that my roommate is car guy as well. Without him, I would be way behind. He's been out in the garage almost as much as I have. I've also had a lot of help from other friends and vendors getting parts to me quickly and going the extra mile.

As long as my tooner gets me a tune sometime today, I hope we might be ready for start up tonight.

Left to do (that I can remember)

-wire O2 sensors
-finish wiring accelerator pedal
-Evap wiring/lines
-wire AC
-Adapt 3V catback to Coyote H
-run PS lines
-run fuel lines and install pump

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
It's a lot of work, but nothing too difficult, make it happen!

It certainly helps that my roommate is car guy as well. Without him, I would be way behind. He's been out in the garage almost as much as I have. I've also had a lot of help from other friends and vendors getting parts to me quickly and going the extra mile.

As long as my tooner gets me a tune sometime today, I hope we might be ready for start up tonight.

Left to do (that I can remember)

-wire O2 sensors go straight pipe and turn em off in the tune
-finish wiring accelerator pedal convert to mechanical cable (I have some extra bicycle brake lines, should work
-Evap wiring/lines Emissions crap, refer to first bold point
-wire AC creature comforts, nix it
-Adapt 3V catback to Coyote H again, straight pipe
-run PS lines turn the wheel like a man
-run fuel lines and install pump Hmmm, 2 liter coke bottle of Corn?

JK you're almost there. A coyote swap would be the dream. I've shredded a follow and came within seconds of dropping the valve, I know your situation

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
PCM has it's own power and is communicating! I didn't get as much done last night as I hoped to, but I will definitely be knocking more out tonight. My drill bits were getting worked by the fuel hat, so it had to come into work today. The exhaust also had to come in for welding. O2 sensors need to be wired still, but I think thats it aside from double checking all the other wiring.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet!! Almost there!

Hopefully you guys will make some pretty good progress today and get this thing fired up and running.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
I am beyond ready for that. Most of the last two weeks has been filled with 3-4 hrs of sleep a night and lots of sweating in the 90 degree heat and humidity. I am ready to drive the car, come home and relax, and get a full nights sleep. Not necessarily in that order.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Fuel pump hat is done, exhaust is welded, and this showed up! Hopefully it will fit with all the other junk hanging off the Coyote. Alternator placement has me a little worried.

28632202610_f8f49168bf_c.jpg

28812203932_ff9ce7289f_c.jpg

28917493655_288fbd49e4_c.jpg

Dat filter media. I decided I wanted to give this a shot vs trying to find a place for my Bob's can. Even more parts are stacking up that will be going up for sale.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
It was cranking last night, but will not fire. After some head scratching and pow-wowing, we realized there is no crank pulse ring on the engine. So the trans will have to come back out and we'll have to install a pulse ring. Assuming that is a readily available part, I can have the car running this evening. Also assuming I don't keel over from exhaustion.

travelers

Reaction score
Dylan there is an old saying, You can sleep when your dead..

I think your getting a little close for comfort.... Lol

Congrats on finding that, even though it's more work.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Dylan there is an old saying, You can sleep when your dead..

I think your getting a little close for comfort.... Lol

Congrats on finding that, even though it's more work.

I am all too familiar with that saying. Aside from the trip I took this weekend, the last 3 weeks have been very sleep deprived and it's getting worse. I went from 5 hrs of sleep to 2-3 hrs of sleep lol. My blood might be more coffee than blood.

Local dealership can't get the pulse ring for a day or two, so I may end up Saturday delivery'ing the CJ ring from American Muscle. If I don't take a break tonight (probably won't) then I will remove the trans and we will start looming all the wires up and cleaning everything up. It looks like an engineering car with the wires running all over the place. Throwback to my Roush days!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Kelly said you were being watched for a performance evaluation/review this week as well. He will speak with you about it on Monday.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back