Any 2005-2009 iPad Mounting Kits?

wicked stang

forum member
Reaction score
I could do it no problem with a sound man ipad pan. I could make a pan for it but i havent started an ipad pan yet and soundman already has them. I can probably get a good deal on one as well.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I'll be happy just to get hands on a soundman float mount iPad mini pan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I could deal with either... it's hard for me to decide since the Mini could be built into the bezel, but the huge ipad could replace the entire center stack.

wicked stang

forum member
Reaction score
galloping, I could do it with any of them with a soundman pan.

Ill see what I can come up with for doing something similar to the musicar mount once I get my current setup complete and get things going.

wicked stang

forum member
Reaction score
can galloping or anyone with an 05-09 take a measurment for me? Basically need the measurement from the outer most surface of the volume knob on radio to the point that would be flush with side trim pieces of the radio bezel. Can take a ruler or any stick and lay it across the two side trim pieces (spanning across the factory radio) and then take a measurement from outer surface of volume knob to edge of ruler/stick against trim pieces. im guessing its going to be roughly 1/2". thanks in advanced

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
can galloping or anyone with an 05-09 take a measurment for me? Basically need the measurement from the outer most surface of the volume knob on radio to the point that would be flush with side trim pieces of the radio bezel. Can take a ruler or any stick and lay it across the two side trim pieces (spanning across the factory radio) and then take a measurement from outer surface of volume knob to edge of ruler/stick against trim pieces. im guessing its going to be roughly 1/2". thanks in advanced

Outer bezel to the DIN space (where volume button is): 3/4"

From bezel side to bezel side (spanning across volume and menu button): 9"

wicked stang

forum member
Reaction score
i have my bezel and the side trim pieces out of my car on a bench so i have those measurements. but i dont have a factory radio anymore and i am trying to get the measurement from the part of the volume knob that sticks out the farthest to the outer trim piece. Basically so I know whether I can do a tablet mount flush with the outer trim pieces or whether it needs to stick out a little to clear the volume knob bc that is the part that sticks out farther in the whole area.

This would be for designing a tablet mount for an ipad mini or an ipad that is similar to the musicar mount and fully removable. For those of you with a 10+, I am working on a design for them as well but have access to one for measurements locally.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
i have my bezel and the side trim pieces out of my car on a bench so i have those measurements. but i dont have a factory radio anymore and i am trying to get the measurement from the part of the volume knob that sticks out the farthest to the outer trim piece. Basically so I know whether I can do a tablet mount flush with the outer trim pieces or whether it needs to stick out a little to clear the volume knob bc that is the part that sticks out farther in the whole area.

This would be for designing a tablet mount for an ipad mini or an ipad that is similar to the musicar mount and fully removable. For those of you with a 10+, I am working on a design for them as well but have access to one for measurements locally.

sounds good, keep us updated man!

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
Wicked Stand - Do you have the Nexus 7 pad designed up to go into a 05-09 dash? I have been looking at putting my Nexus 7 into the car, but just did know hoe to proceed.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Looking at this for both my 96 F250 and possibly my Bullitt

I want to use the same iPad that will have my audio, internet, etc on it. However I don't want to have to use a single din along with it (plus my F250 is only a single DIN).

Does anyone know a audio receiver that can be installed low profile that simply connects to the sound system and just receives a aux jack for playing music? In theory it sounds very simple but I'm not sure if it exists or not. I want to use the iPad to play everything from it's own tunes, pandora radio and Sirius XM.

I found this and I believe this is what I'm looking for. Just not sure what I need to do for the dash harness as I don't want to butcher anything.

http://www.soundmanca.com/products/ipad-digital-6-channel-kit

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Are you going to run aftermarket amps? That kit makes the iPad the HU. I follow soundman ca on you tube and they do a lot of iPad dash installs.

Most people just BT it to a head unit.

Sent from my Ironman suit using J.A.R.V.I.S.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The thing is, this is more specifically for my truck. I only have a single DIN and want to use that for the new Metra dash solution. I just need a audio receiver to power the jack and charging port on it lol.\

I make shit unnecessarily complicated, but truth be told - I'm not a fan of how aftermarket hu's look.

I just want to be able to take the ipad out and it just looks like this simple black faceplate in the dash.

98-9001_98-9002_98-9003_metra_cell_mobile_phone_mount_marken_performance.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back