Any experience with Mcleod RXT clutches

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know a lot have the RST, but anyone run an RXT. I have a killer deal on an RXT available to me and curious about the drivability with it?

thanks

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i guess no one really...hmmm, wonder if i should just go with the RST

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I have the RST and my buddy had the RXT - his pedal was significantly stiffer - mine is more stock-like. He just switched his out for something else 'cause his knees are bad and the pedal effort in traffic was too much.

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
Don't know if you are still wanting to know about this, but I just installed my RXT and its an amazing clutch so far. Pedal pressure is lighter then stock and it has very little chatter if any. I had the RST in the car and about the only difference I can tell is the RXT grabs alittle harder. Very happy I got this clutch.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1. Very light pedal and the throw much shorter than stock, too. I'm very impressed with the RXT so far. Admittedly, I only have 300 miles on it so far.

F

FordEvangelist

Sorry to have to rehash this but if you're still out there.... are y'all using any spacers with the OEM slave cylinder and the RXT clutch?

I have the RXT with the OEM slave but had to install a single .125" spacer behind the slave to get it to work right.

That was a year ago and now I'm having trouble shifting at low speed - I have no difficulty when at the strip (WOT shifts) amazingly enough. Don't know if that's adrenaline forcing the shifts or what.

I'm about to pull the tranny and replace the slave with another OEM unit but am curious if I really need the spacer or not.

Thanks for any input.

Oh, to answer the OP - I think the RXT is light years past the RST in performance and I think the clutch pedal is just as easy as stock. I had the RST originally but smoked it on my second 1/8th mile pass with it. That is at 470RWHP. The RXT laughs at my power level 8-]

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
RXT is a bad ass clutch. We sell a bunch and only hear thank you after months of ownership :beerchug2:

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to have to rehash this but if you're still out there.... are y'all using any spacers with the OEM slave cylinder and the RXT clutch?

I have the RXT with the OEM slave but had to install a single .125" spacer behind the slave to get it to work right.

That was a year ago and now I'm having trouble shifting at low speed - I have no difficulty when at the strip (WOT shifts) amazingly enough. Don't know if that's adrenaline forcing the shifts or what.

I'm about to pull the tranny and replace the slave with another OEM unit but am curious if I really need the spacer or not.

Thanks for any input.

Oh, to answer the OP - I think the RXT is light years past the RST in performance and I think the clutch pedal is just as easy as stock. I had the RST originally but smoked it on my second 1/8th mile pass with it. That is at 470RWHP. The RXT laughs at my power level 8-]

I have the Tr-6060 trans and the RXT using the stock slave without a spacer. It's working great so far. Stock-like pedal effort.

In a previous post in this thread I stated that a buddy had the RXT and it was heavier pedal effort than stock. My info was incorrect, he had a Street Twin which is quite a bit beefier pressure plate than the RST/RXT. Sorry for the misinformation.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back