Any golfers on here?

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I took up golfing this summer since I haven't been able to play with the car this summer. It simply amazes me a game that can be so frustrating at times will make you want to play more lol. My scores aren't that great since I haven't played enough to be consistent but my scores average about a 107 for 18 holes.

Maverick

Bad Pony
Reaction score
I play maybe 3 times a year or so. its one of those games that can be hard to play if you dont swing a club regularly, but its a game where you can enjoy it with a bunch of friends for a few hours, kick back in the carts and drink.

and as white05gt said, its a frustrating game that makes you want to play more or improve your game

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Yep as it definitely can be a frustrating and humbling game. I have been playing for 5 years now and still am very inconsistent. The only way to bring your score down is to play alot. When I playing 2-3 times a week, my scores dropped into the low 90s, but I just don't have the time anymore. Sometimes the best thing to do is just drink a lot of aiming fluid and then your score seems to matter much less :beer:

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I just went and played yesterday with my buddy. I shot a 45 on the front 9 while pounding beers. On the back 9, after 10 beers and a sausage wrap, I shot a crowd pleasing 57. LOL

We have only been playing for about 6 months but I live about 1.5 miles from the course so we try to go atleast 3 times a month. Love my R7 driver and have Titleist irons right now. About to pick up either the Taylormade R9 or Calloway X-22 irons.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I usually play twice a week, went out yesterday and shot a 91. It can a fun game to play if you go out with a few friends. Most of the time i go just to go, dont keep score and hammer down on beer.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought a Taylormade Burner driver and that was a huge help on my drives until this Sunday, never did figure out what I was doing different. I think I am going to try golf lessons this winter when I'm layed off to see if they help my game, figure and can't hurt lol.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just got into golf. My friend golfs and I've been to the driving range and the chip and putt a few times. Went out on the big course for the first time last week and shot a 133 on a par 68 (no par 5s). If it wasn't for a 15 on the first hole, it would've been a fairly respectable score. :roflmao:

I'm using my dad's golf set from at least 30 years ago. The woods are actually wood. All the clubs are probably a few inches too short for me, but I can't justify spending a few hundred bucks on new clubs...

Going out tomorrow to a different course...the weather has been awesome up here.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
I play but like once a month because it definetly ain't a cheap sport to play especially if your club breaks. My friend lives on a University Campus so sometimes I can play for free but only if the guy at the course don't ask to see school ID.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shot a 128 on a par 70 today. Ready for the Tour.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I got into it because of my little brother. He's 15 and his best to date is 84 IIRC. I go with him just to chill and sit in the cart and hit up the driving and chipping range when we're done. He had a nike sasquatch, then he got a burner, now he's got a big bertha. That kid trades up clubs like a damn pro. lol. I'm not sure of the degrees he uses or stiff clubs or not, but whatever he uses it's working for him pretty well. When I graduate next year, I want to get him fitted for a custom set of irons. They're expecting scouts for him next year from Texas Tech so I'd like him to be prepared. :thumb:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
84 on a national average of par 70 is pretty decent and with years to come he could definitely get better. The think with Golf unlike so sports is practice makes you a whole hell a lot better, like with baseball I could drop it for 3 months and still be alright but Golf completely different.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
84 on a national average of par 70 is pretty decent and with years to come he could definitely get better. The think with Golf unlike so sports is practice makes you a whole hell a lot better, like with baseball I could drop it for 3 months and still be alright but Golf completely different.

Yeah, it's not that bad, and he's looking to break into the high to mid 70s in this next season. But yeah, it's not like riding a bike. Haha. I learned that quick.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well one of the advantages of being retired and living in a golf community is getting to play as much as you want. I play about 3-5 times a week in good weather. The disadvantage is being old and I can't hit it as far as I once did. Currently play to a 6.4 index but can't play from the back tees anymore.

Earl

bad10GT

Mark it zero!
Reaction score
I have played since high school , we would practice everyday at our local course and I would shoot low to mid 40`s in tournaments ( we played 9 holes vs. other schools) . Now I only play every other month or so and I shoot in the mid to upper 90`s.

Golf is a game you must keep up on and practice.

We had a golf coach in highschool and his famous saying was "the golf course is only 6 inches long, its from ear to ear" . We knew he meant it was all in our heads but we always used to come up with some penis analogy when he said that.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I played golf today but I didn't do very good. It was the last time out with the co-worker that got me started in golfing so we just went out to have a good time and drank a lot of beer lol.

speedofsound

The gauge pod guy
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha, I just bumped my old golf thread before seeing this one, sorry. :deadhorse:

Been playing since the summer of 7th grade, I'm 39 now. Love the game with all my heart, and really enjoy bringing new players to the game.

I try to play on weekends as best my schedule/weather allows. The driving range is a "hangout" for me, and I'm forever tinkering around the house. I don't think I'm ever more than 5 feet from a golf club! Home, office, cars...

Total obsession, haha. I'll play until the big guy upstairs won't let me anymore.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back