Any golfers on here?

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want to play so bad, I am in Nevada working and I can see the shit hole of a golf course from my campground. Only problem is it's only in the low 40's and so windy I don't even want to try and play yet. I figure by the time I get to play, I am going to try to take some lessons to see if I can get rid of my slice or atleast help it some.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Came back from Afghanistan and played for my first time since i joined the Marine Corps and probably my 3rd or 4th time since playing on the golf team in high school. Shot a 91. Went to the range about 5 or 6 times, played agian, shot 82 lol. Went and replaced my old worn customs clubs with some X-20 Callaways and a Callaway X Driver. Shot 122 today...but I played 27 holes :)

Our course on base is pretty nice (by Marine Corps standards) and its cheap so I can play alot!!

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Ive been playing since i was like 10 or 11 (23 now). I used to take real serious a few years back cause i thought i might be able to go somewhere with it. My best round is a 65 on par 71. Now with my new job I have to work every other weekend so golf is kinda on the back burner, I do have a tournment this weekend where Im the defending champion( Its just a local area tourney where 11 to 12 different country clubs take 8 guys and have a two day tourney, team score and indiviual) I've played 5 times all year, so defending my title will be tuff. Its a fun game for sure. something you can play your whole life.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
is it a handicapped tournament? thats what kills is these handicappers come in with ridiculous handicaps! Like, dude...wtf? You shot a 75 on a course you never played and you claim to be a 15 handicap!?!? GTFOH with that crap.

I've never shot red, but in high school, I could shoot par through 9 on occassion (we only played 9). And now I can get pretty close on our courses on base.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
I just got a new set full set of Taylormade Burners Plus Irons and Taylormade Burner Superfast Woods can't wait to try them out!!!

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Steelheads...gonna throw in a taylormade R5 and a nice SW (can't remember name...i'll check next time I'm down at the car)

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Just shot an 85 at our local course down here in Pearland. Only been playing for 10 months. Not bad I suppose.

Clubs: Taylormade R7 Driver, Taylormade Superfast 2.0 3 wood, Adams Tight Lies 1014 Irons, Adams Idea Hybrid 3 & 4, and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

Hippo wedges in route as we speak.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Just shot an 85 at our local course down here in Pearland. Only been playing for 10 months. Not bad I suppose.

Clubs: Taylormade R7 Driver, Taylormade Superfast 2.0 3 wood, Adams Tight Lies 1014 Irons, Adams Idea Hybrid 3 & 4, and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

Hippo wedges in route as we speak.

Southwick? That course is windy, your doing good at 85.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
Little bragging history I like to throw around

Picture from last round of golf Bobby Jones ever played before becoming too sick to play, in 1948 at East Lake Country Club.

My Granddad is the young guy center left holding score card. Mr. Jones is center right in the back.

My Granddad later broke Jones' course record at that same course 40 years later shooting a 62 at the age of 73.

Those guys were real golfers. Out there shooting low 60's with crappy early golf clubs and balls.
1948-content.jpg

Drewskie

forum member
Reaction score
Haven't been on a course in years, when i was about 14 my dad bought me some hippos to just play around with. Didn't really enjoy the game when i was young but now i love getting out to the driving range. i cant hit worth a damn with my old hippos but i'll pull out his and his buddy's drivers and irons and can hit pretty decent. Now im just looking for a good set of beginner clubs that wont completely break the bank.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I just sold the hallways I was talking about drewskie...for the price they're great clubs especially for intermediate/beginners. Very forgiving. And they can be bought used for pretty good prices. Callaway x series. They go from 14s to 24s now I think

Drewskie

forum member
Reaction score
My Dad bought me a set of Tommy Armours on Sunday as an early birthday present:thumb:. As i was taking them out of the box he let me know the old Hippos i had were womens clubs :wtf1: LOL thanks pops..

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
sweet. My wife just bought me a set of Adams Tom Watson wedges for my birthday. My set is officially complete.

Drewskie

forum member
Reaction score
Went out to the range today for the 2nd time with the new clubs and i'm really digging it again. Bought a little book to help with my swing and such and i think it's working out pretty well. I brought my fiance to the range thinking she'd just hang out and watch me, but the pro offered her a couple of clubs lying around and she was hitting pretty well for her first time out. She seemed pretty excited about it, and told me she couldn't wait to go again. Hopefully it's something for us to do. She works at a resort out here and they're putting on a charity tournament or something here in a month or so that associates and friends can play in and i may try and play it. It'd be awesome to play a TPC course down here i think.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Went out to the range today for the 2nd time with the new clubs and i'm really digging it again. Bought a little book to help with my swing and such and i think it's working out pretty well. I brought my fiance to the range thinking she'd just hang out and watch me, but the pro offered her a couple of clubs lying around and she was hitting pretty well for her first time out. She seemed pretty excited about it, and told me she couldn't wait to go again. Hopefully it's something for us to do. She works at a resort out here and they're putting on a charity tournament or something here in a month or so that associates and friends can play in and i may try and play it. It'd be awesome to play a TPC course down here i think.

You should go play the Bandit. It is a Top 50 course and right in your area.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back