Any weight lifters or body builders on here?

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
Looking for advice and tips. I been lifting for a year. Started at 132lbs body weight I am now at 175. I go to gym 5 day a week 2 hr a day. I hit every muscle. I'm a hardgainer but since gaining the weight I'm not as cut/toned as I once was. I need diet help?

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's hard to gain muscle and burn fat. They are pretty much opposite processes. do you want to gain more muscle or are you looking to tone up?

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
I own my own supplement company (geared for military police and fire) all our sups are made in a FDA approved lab... I will try an assist you any way I can... Shoot me a pm and I'll help you (I'd rather speak via phone, not a fan of conducting business over text and or email)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t454vx

TonyGT

Low and Slow
Reaction score
I own my own supplement company (geared for military police and fire) all our sups are made in a FDA approved lab... I will try an assist you any way I can... Shoot me a pm and I'll help you (I'd rather speak via phone, not a fan of conducting business over text and or email)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t454vx

Link me to your website/places that carry your products. I wouldn't mind to take a look at what you got. Plus me and a buddy are starting up a supplement company. We're actually about to start production on our first product. As for the OP try cutting calories a little below your maintenance and still keeping your protein up. Plus stay away from sugar, and for me cutting my carbs also helps me cut a little fat. What do your macros look like now? What kind of cardio are you doing?

Last edited:

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
Lol. Very rarely do cardio;( I take jack3d and syntha 6. My diet is garbage, my wife has a bun in the oven and craves weird stuff so basically screwed when it comes to eating good and clean.

TonyGT

Low and Slow
Reaction score
Lol. Very rarely do cardio;( I take jack3d and syntha 6. My diet is garbage, my wife has a bun in the oven and craves weird stuff so basically screwed when it comes to eating good and clean.

Get your diet in check, start doing some sort of high intensity cardio for just 20 minutes a day and youll see some results.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
^This. Diet. Diet. Diet. Try 20 minutes on the treadmill, as follows... incline 8 / 1min speed 9 / 2mins speed 6 / 1min speed 9 / 2mins speed 6... and so-on for the 20mins.

I'm not sure what actual speed '9' and '6' represents in the above, but you should only just be able to make it to the end of the one minute section and then have your gotten your breath back and your heart rate down to a reasonable rate by the end of the 2 minute section, so select the speeds on your treadmill accordingly.

When you say that you 'go to gym 5 day a week 2 hr a day. I hit every muscle.' you don't mean that you hit every muscle (body part) everyday do you? If you do, split the body parts down so that you are only training each body part a maximum of twice a week.

I do an old school (I'm old) 5 day split and only train each body part once a week, except for Abs...

Day 1: Chest & Abs. 20 mins HI cardio.
Day 2: Arms (biceps & triceps). I don't train forearms specifically, but you could add that in if you liked. 20 mins HI cardio.
Day 3: Shoulders. I do neck every other week, but you could do it every week. 20 mins HI cardio.
Day 4: Back. 20 mins HI cardio.
Day 5: Legs & Abs. Depending on how intense the leg workout has been, I'll then walk on the treadmill at a medium to semi-fast pace for between 30mins to 1 hour.

Last edited:

b00stedgt

Reaction score
Sounds like your diet is your biggest obstacle. If you can't eat healthier, just accept the fact that you will not be as cut as you used to.

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's hard to gain muscle and burn fat. They are pretty much opposite processes. do you want to gain more muscle or are you looking to tone up?

I completely disagree. I got hard-core back into lifting a while ago. I "gained" 5 pounds, but I've lost like 4 inches around my waist while getting considerably more muscular. I still do cardio, however.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
Monday: chest and abs, Tuesday: legs, wednesday: back and biceps, Thursday: shoulders and triceps, Friday: chest and abs again. I have a workout partner but we spend about 2 hr each day mon-fri in gym. I do admit my diet is a joke. I eat alot of junk, I don't drink sodas though lol, but beer I do ahhh. I am a hardgainer do I am afraid if I clean up my diet to much I will drop back down to 155 or lower. I'm not fat but I want to see strydation ext.

TonyGT

Low and Slow
Reaction score
Monday: chest and abs, Tuesday: legs, wednesday: back and biceps, Thursday: shoulders and triceps, Friday: chest and abs again. I have a workout partner but we spend about 2 hr each day mon-fri in gym. I do admit my diet is a joke. I eat alot of junk, I don't drink sodas though lol, but beer I do ahhh. I am a hardgainer do I am afraid if I clean up my diet to much I will drop back down to 155 or lower. I'm not fat but I want to see strydation ext.

You won't necessarily lose weight when you clean your diet up. You can still get fat eating clean. Its all about your macros and how many cals a day that your eating. Even when I bulk eating clean foods I still put on fat since my cals are so high over maintenance. Which is why you should bulk then cut and repeat.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
I used to only lift and do cardio but in the past 3 years I have added alot of calisthenics gymnastics crossfit and p90x exercises to my routines. needless to say im having a shit ton of fun while getting really fit

http://youtu.be/GVlTQR8mnzU

http://youtu.be/2gPlg4VkUAg

all I can advise is work hard at the gym eat well small portioned meals and sleep for recovery and growth. gl

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
Link me to your website/places that carry your products. I wouldn't mind to take a look at what you got. Plus me and a buddy are starting up a supplement company. We're actually about to start production on our first product. As for the OP try cutting calories a little below your maintenance and still keeping your protein up. Plus stay away from sugar, and for me cutting my carbs also helps me cut a little fat. What do your macros look like now? What kind of cardio are you doing?

Your about to embark on a extremely rough journey... I do not give out my company name on these types of forums I do not want to give off the impression I'm only here for self promotion... Pm me if you would like the inside scoop on this industry... And I'm not going to mention any names but someone mentioned taking a product prior to weight training... That product can be extremely hazardous to your health, I'd advise you to do more research before ingesting any type of product... I've had several clients be put in the hospital due to certain ingredients in said product... (I don't not want to start a riot... I said my peace, I do not feel like arguing today :) )

To op its very simple to achieve desired goal... Your diet is the major factor of achieving any type of fitness goal...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pr2ubv

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
I used to do power-lifting before i tore my trap a year and a half ago, now I am skinny as hell waiting for it and surrounding muscles to heal, as it really messed up my upper back geometry. I have trigger points all over my back and pretty bad myofascial pain. It took me about a year to get a diagnosis on what was going on, but now that I have a good PT I should be back in the gym by end of summer.

Best lifts at 181: 240 bench (raw) 450 deadlift (belt) 405 squat (titan single ply suit, belt, wraps).

Was never good at bench (narrow shoulders) and didn't like the idea of using a bench shirt.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Obviously your diet is crucial, but at the least cut carbs and eat lean protein, that should lessen quite a bit of softness. Also, supersetting exercises will also help rip you up.

There is another long thread with a lot of good info to be had

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Just as everyone is saying 'more cardio and better diet'

I was the same type way. I started working out a few years back and weighed in @ mid 140's. 3 months ago I weighed in @ 175 and my heaviest being 18x about 4-5 months ago. In the past couple months, I have had a better diet and entered into some bootcamp classes at my gym and have lost a ton of BF. I lost 14 lbs in 1 month from staying away from sugar, bread, rice, etc...I still eat some bread for carbs, but I mainly stick to my protein and healthy food. Also, I do not take ANY supplements. I am currently @ 162lbs and I am about to do another bootcamp class.

I am still maintaining my body mass and still have all my strength, but it's a balancing act. Trying to loose weight AND gain muscle is nearly impossible. I am having to do the bootcamp in the morning and then hit weights at night. But I have to balance it all because I don't want to hit the same muscles so it takes alot of planning.

My suggestion would be to talk with someone @ your gym and let them help you.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Code:

I agree. Been there done that for 15 years steadily.

Personally I kept my waist under 36" and did one body part a day once a week 5x a week most of those years. Between an hour 15 minutes to and hour 1/2 a day. That was a good compromise for me.

This is one routine that I use to do:

Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: Shoulders
Saturday: Arms

I didn't do two push or pull routines two days in a row and I worked in abs on my shortest day which was shoulders. But you could work them in a little each day.

People are naturally built differently and a person should take advise from someone with their similar build.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/what-body-type-are-you.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back