Any weight lifters or body builders on here?

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
There is so much ignorance in that thread (about supplements it's not even funny) any over the counter "hgh" pill or nasal spray is nothing but media hype... These companies do studies on people taking true sub Q injected hgh and take blood to see how the body responds... It's illegal to sell any type of product that elevates hgh levels w/o a scrip... So what these companies did is make a pre curser (If u don't know what a pre curser is do some googling) any type of results you may see is either you are incredibly lucky or it's a placebo effect... As for pre workouts you should not elevate your heart rate from a product... Your heart rate should b raised from the exercise you are performing... The best pre workout is a well balanced smaller portion meal... If that's not feasible then take a pre workout made from branch chain amino acids... The building blocks of protein... There are many variations of BCAAs they can give u the following :
Energy
Focus
Recovery
Intensity
Muscle pump

Stimulants gives u a false sense of achievement... Before no explode people did not use pre workouts... Pre workouts can b a great thing if u r using a product that is using proper ingredients, but these marketing gurus have filled our minds w how a workout should go... And if your not in a rage b4 and or during a workout your not doing it right... That is false

The goal of any product should be to aid your natural ability...

Just my two cents (keep in mind in speaking from a scientific standpoint not hear say like 90% of the guys around u n the gym)

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
^I agree with this also. If I was tired and I wanted to force a workout I sometimes drank a coffee but I didn't make a habit of it. I ate a decent meal no sooner than a hour and 1/2 before a workout. I use a creatine supplement for a while(Cell Tech). It gave me the best gains over everything else that I tried. Downfalls were it makes you hold a lot of water which is what gives you the strength. When you go off you loose a lot of what you gained. It's hard on your kidneys.

Last edited:

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
That's because your using cell tech lol... There are much better Much less expensive products/companies out there... I'll give u some names if u want pm me...

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
That's because your using cell tech lol... There are much better Much less expensive products/companies out there... I'll give u some names if u want pm me...

Thanks. I've been out of this for almost ten years. But as I said before weight training was my life for around 15 years. I used a few basic creatine supplements before Cell Tech came out. Took them with a high simple sugar juice to raise my insulin level but none worked as well as Cell Tech. I'm sure as you said that better products are available since then.

Last edited:

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Truth^^^^ all muscle tech products are over priced IMO.

Yes. The only way I bought them was online and not at the mall. But at that time nothing else worked better for me and I wasn't interested in the juice.

Last edited:

TonyGT

Low and Slow
Reaction score
Yes. The only way I bought them was online and not at the mall. But at that time nothing else worked better for me and I wasn't interested in the juice.
IMO online is the best way to buy any supplements. In store prices are ridiculously high usually.

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
Yea there needs to b more sups on Craigslist ... I buy everything off there :-/

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
creatine is creatine, only difference is the efficiency at which its absorbed into your muscles. Given how cheap monohydrate is, just get monohydrate and take 5 grams before workout 5 grams after. It might take longer to fully load into you than CEE or whatever but its going to net the same after a few weeks.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
creatine is creatine, only difference is the efficiency at which its absorbed into your muscles. Given how cheap monohydrate is, just get monohydrate and take 5 grams before workout 5 grams after. It might take longer to fully load into you than CEE or whatever but its going to net the same after a few weeks.

I tried 2 brands, mixed them with juice and neither of them worked as well for me as Cell Tech. The simple sugar in Cell Tech worked better in my body to increase insulin production. I also did a scoop before and one after instead of two after the workout as the directions said. Not trying to tell anyone here my way was the best. It just worked the best for me. I have one kidney and developed a UTI. The urologist told me cut the creatine out so I did.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, get about one gram of protein per pound of body weight, about 1 1/2 to 2 grams of carbs per pound of body weight and run about 8 miles a day in addition to lifting and you'll probably loose fat and not much of the muscle. I also eat what ever I please but that probably isn't recommended.

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
I tried 2 brands, mixed them with juice and neither of them worked as well for me as Cell Tech. The simple sugar in Cell Tech worked better in my body to increase insulin production. I also did a scoop before and one after instead of two after the workout as the directions said. Not trying to tell anyone here my way was the best. It just worked the best for me. I have one kidney and developed a UTI. The urologist told me cut the creatine out so I did.

The sugar was probably the thing that did it for you. When I was serious about powerlifting I took EAS Phosphagen (basic creatine monohydrate) mixed with gatorade powder.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Diet is 90% of the battle.

If you still need help on the diet let me know I've helped tons of people on this subject. You have to be determined but it works./

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
Started diet today salmon and steamed broccoli. Still taking syntha 6 but no jack 3d after some wise advice. I also did cardio. Guys you have been great with lots of good info. Keep it coming.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
I am going to try like hell to keep with it. Been working out hard for a year.i weighd 132 at first. My goal was 155 I hit that and said 165 then 175. Now I want to cut a few lbs and get cut sorta.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
If you crave something sweet, have an ultra low carb chocolate flavoured (or similar) 100% whey protein isolate shake or a small handful of pine nuts and that should satisfy the craving for you :thumb2:

TonyGT

Low and Slow
Reaction score
If you crave something sweet, have an ultra low carb chocolate flavoured (or similar) 100% whey protein isolate shake or a small handful of pine nuts and that should satisfy the craving for you :thumb2:

My favorite is greek yogurt mixed with chopped almonds or peanuts, tiny bit of vanilla extract, 1 packet of Splenda, and topped with some whipped cream. The Greek yogurt I have is 23g of protein and 9 carbs per serving. So you'll get some protein from it.

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
Iso 100 by dymatize is the number one protein on the market... Aside from my company I have a dealership w almost every major brand out there... If any of u need Supps pm me an ill shoot u my price... After u buy 10 Supps from me I'll set u up w my vendor and u can get any brand at my cost... And the vendor only charges $10 shipped to ur door next day in most cases... Free shipping on orders over $250 (if u r taking 250 n Supps ur doing something wrong lol)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back