Anyone ever had a BMR A arm snap in half?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lightblade had a bad day yesterday! The stang is his only car, just moved and waiting on Cox to install the internet/cable at his new place, went the the grocery store, was turning onto the street and the passenger side tire started making noises, pulled back into the parking lot and he discovered the A arm had snapped in half! Not at a weld but right down the middle!

Of course he sold the stockers otherwise we would have towed it to my house to fix it but instead he had it towed to a Ford dealer to have them look at it today.

I don't know much about BMR's stuff but to have it snap in half does not sound right at all!

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Lightblade had a bad day yesterday! The stang is his only car, just moved and waiting on Cox to install the internet/cable at his new place, went the the grocery store, was turning onto the street and the passenger side tire started making noises, pulled back into the parking lot and he discovered the A arm had snapped in half! Not at a weld but right down the middle!

Of course he sold the stockers otherwise we would have towed it to my house to fix it but instead he had it towed to a Ford dealer to have them look at it today.

I don't know much about BMR's stuff but to have it snap in half does not sound right at all!

Wow that's bad. I don't have their A-arm but I do have other BMR stuff, I haven't had any issues. It could have been a weak spot in the metal I suppose.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I talked with a local drag racer / mechanic and mentioned to him that I was thinking of tubular a-arms and he was dead set against it on a street driven car. He told me that they are not strong when it comes to turns and that he doesn't trust them at all. He said on a strip only car they would be fine.

I guess he was correct.

Sorry to hear about it happening though.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
I talked with a local drag racer / mechanic and mentioned to him that I was thinking of tubular a-arms and he was dead set against it on a street driven car. He told me that they are not strong when it comes to turns and that he doesn't trust them at all. He said on a strip only car they would be fine.

I guess he was correct.

Sorry to hear about it happening though.

I was sort of thinking along the same when Jeremy called me yesterday. Definitely a bummer! Hopefully BMR will help him since they don't state that their A-arms are "strip only".

Sharp turns put a lot of stress on the front suspension. You would be amazed at how many cars I get in the shop and the customer states: "I was making a sharp turn through the drive through of Hardee's and POP!" Then the front of the car is laing on the ground with the tire tucked in the fender. Real fun to get them on the lift. Usually worn ball joints are the culprit though. Specially MN12 T-Birds.

Hope it all gets worked out Jeremy so you can make it up to Mikes this weekend. I'd hate to know how much Ford sells a stock arm one for. Any damage occur to your ride?

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
I was sort of thinking along the same when Jeremy called me yesterday. Definitely a bummer! Hopefully BMR will help him since they don't state that their A-arms are "strip only".

Sharp turns put a lot of stress on the front suspension. You would be amazed at how many cars I get in the shop and the customer states: "I was making a sharp turn through the drive through of Hardee's and POP!" Then the front of the car is laing on the ground with the tire tucked in the fender. Real fun to get them on the lift. Usually worn ball joints are the culprit though. Specially MN12 T-Birds.

Hope it all gets worked out Jeremy so you can make it up to Mikes this weekend. I'd hate to know how much Ford sells a stock arm one for. Any damage occur to your ride?
i wish we had Hardees here. :(

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Damn , sorry to hear about his misfortune . Good to know about the A arms , I had no clue . Hope the dealer doesn't rape you , but that's kind of like asking a fat kid not to eat cake .

LASO

forum member
Reaction score
Have never seen this happen in person but have heard of it happening to a buddies car also. I wouldn't mind see some pic's posted of the damage when he gets the chance.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
None of his turbo piping sits on the A arm does it? Maybe heat from the DP coupled with the driving forces could have weakened it over time??? Any piping get messed up?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
And to think people are reluctant to use GMS stuff.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are reluctant to use GMS stuff because it is a crap shoot if you will get what you paid for. There are to many stories about stuff purchased and not shipped or sent wrong parts. GMS is like MMR to me and I have had bad experiences with both....

And to think people are reluctant to use GMS stuff.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am confused; is GMS Granatelli Motorsports and why would BMR be using/re-badging their stuff? I thought BMR made their own stuff and was considered top of the line?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good news..., cable modem/wireless router came in the mail today cox will be here tommorow to set it up.

Bad news, after not hearing from ford all day i had to call them just now and they said they havent even looked at it yet and wont be able to till tommorow.

That will be 2 days sitting there just to replace a damn control arm, assholes!

If i had my damn stockers still i would have towed it elsewhere and this would have been fixed already!!

Will take some pics of the bmr a-arm for yall to see where it snapped.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
While both models are considered "streetable", our standard version is what we recommend as it will produce the least amount of road noise. This version is assembled with high durometer internally fluted polyurethane bushings with grease fittings at both mounts. 11.2 lbs. lighter than stock

aint that some shit.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I am confused; is GMS Granatelli Motorsports and why would BMR be using/re-badging their stuff? I thought BMR made their own stuff and was considered top of the line?

Yeah, BMR makes their own stuff. I was just noting GMS because everyone says to stay away from them. Just thought it was ironic that a BMR part has failed. Just goes to prove shit happens.

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Bad news, after not hearing from ford all day i had to call them just now and they said they havent even looked at it yet and wont be able to till tommorow.

That will be 2 days sitting there just to replace a damn control arm, assholes!

If you have BMR A Arms on the car why did you take it to Ford? They aren't going to fix a aftermarket piece. Did you call BMR and explain the situation? I would raise hell until they overnighted me a new one.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Because hopefully Ford has one he can use until he gets it staight with BMR...not sure what the warranty period is on the BMR but he is pretty sure it's out of warranty.

Rodeoflyer

forum member
Reaction score
They are reluctant to use GMS stuff because it is a crap shoot if you will get what you paid for. There are to many stories about stuff purchased and not shipped or sent wrong parts. GMS is like MMR to me and I have had bad experiences with both....

That's because JR and Mark are old buddies. Mark worked for JR back when he owned Paxton.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back