Anyone here from Washington?

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Hate to break it to ya, but Rhonda's Kona Blue '11 5.0L did not get strapped down to John's dyno at all. She went to the HP Ranch to get an SCT tuner to correct the speedo for the shorter drag radials. John simply installed a canned tune that he's used for other 5.0L's and raised the shift points for her automatic transmission. Otherwise, her 5.0L is 100% bone stock and ran 12.30's @ 114-115 mph all day. That's damn impressive and is making me really think about buying an '11 or '12 5.0L with an automatic.

Oh he usually dyno tunes them when you buy a tuner from him, I stand corrected. My friends 2011 was the first one that he dyno tuned I wonder if he used the base file from that tune?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Oh he usually dyno tunes them when you buy a tuner from him, I stand corrected. My friends 2011 was the first one that he dyno tuned I wonder if he used the base file from that tune?

I'm sure that John has been borrowing what he's learned from other 5.0L's like your friend's car and applying it to other 5.0L's coming through his shop. There's always a learning curve when a new powerplant comes out, I bet, but John is incredible at tuning. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Here's a video of my best pass at Bremerton last Friday night: 12.048 @ 112+. Click on the image below to play the video. The drag bike I ran in this pass barely beat me by about a fender - very close race! Thanks to Dave for capturing this pass on film for me....

Last edited:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure that John has been borrowing what he's learned from other 5.0L's like your friend's car and applying it to other 5.0L's coming through his shop. There's always a learning curve when a new powerplant comes out, I bet, but John is incredible at tuning. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

I agree we did a feature on him, an interview of him, his shop, and his car he is truly a stand up guy.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I don't believe so. I have met your business partner a few times at John's.

I think I just missed you the last dyno day, because I came late...this one I will try to be early...I will probably bring a video camera and tripod.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
im thinking we should do a GIG Habor meet. i love the harbor and there are some more friendly spots to meet up there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back