Anyone using Jesel double roller followers?

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've seen nearly every aftermarket part used on S197's except these.
I was wondering if anyone here has tried them?
At $115 each retail they're quite steep though.
bulletproof43.jpg

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i saw those in a mag a while back....they're suppose to be good for quite a few ponies iirc. probably not any more expensive than a quality set of long tubes. that gets me to thinking...these you can install yourself assuming you have the tools and can save a fair amount of labor compared to installing lt's...have you seen any performance numbers on these? this might be a viable option for my next mod rather than long tubes. if they're worth only a couple horsepower, than it wouldn't be worth it. but if they gain 20 t0 30...you're talking long tube performance gains and an installation i can do myself....

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i saw those in a mag a while back....they're suppose to be good for quite a few ponies iirc. probably not any more expensive than a quality set of long tubes. that gets me to thinking...these you can install yourself assuming you have the tools and can save a fair amount of labor compared to installing lt's...have you seen any performance numbers on these? this might be a viable option for my next mod rather than long tubes. if they're worth only a couple horsepower, than it wouldn't be worth it. but if they gain 20 t0 30...you're talking long tube performance gains and an installation i can do myself....
For $2,760 they must be one hell of a set of longtubes.
I have removed the factory rockers on Rons motor and it's not that complicated using the Ford tool.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen nearly every aftermarket part used on S197's except these.
I was wondering if anyone here has tried them?
At $115 each retail they're quite steep though.
bulletproof43.jpg

your looking at 25-35 rearwheel HP , so the article says because of the flexing of the stock followers !

Just go to to Muscle mustangs and fast fords web site , on the search type in Jesel 2v or Jesel 4v it will bring the article up (good read )

I really think there talking about 8k and 9k rpm cars to get this power !

Last edited:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just use them on the exhaust valves the exhaust. Use them on the exhaust valves the exhaust...

...use them on the exhaust valves the exhaust jackass...

:moon:

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Pete,
We used them twice when they first came out. Once on a four valve road race engine and one two valve n/a high rpm deal. They were worth 20 hp or so in both applications. Could be worth more with the better valves we have available today like the hollow stem stuff. Really will help with higher valve spring pressures and/or boost pressure.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pete,
We used them twice when they first came out. Once on a four valve road race engine and one two valve n/a high rpm deal. They were worth 20 hp or so in both applications. Could be worth more with the better valves we have available today like the hollow stem stuff. Really will help with higher valve spring pressures and/or boost pressure.
Thanks,

It just seems like there are guys out there that are looking for that last little bit and I was surprised not to have seen them used here upto now.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
It is the price. That stuff is high dollar. Add in the additional cost of the solid lash adjusters and you're easily over $3000 on a three valve. Just plain old "sticker shock".

travelers

Reaction score
They don't look much different the regular roller rockers. But if you can get more...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back