anyone with MAC's?

Black08

New S197 owner
Reaction score
I know MAC axleback are popular. And I have read a bunch about them online. I put them on my car a few months ago and love them. But the low RPM drone is pretty bad. I have read changing to an O/RH or X would help. I also read about resonators, but dont want to change the sound and think it might...
any thoughts? I dont want to change from the MAC's.
what have you guys done?

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
i ended up just getting rid of them to be honest. i loved the way they sounded but they were awful on the highway. I have hooker lts, and a jba catted midpipe

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
i ended up just getting rid of them to be honest. i loved the way they sounded but they were awful on the highway. I have hooker lts, and a jba catted midpipe

I'll concede the freeway driving is the only time I'm not a huge fan. Although, if you find the sweet spot and just feather the throttle you can usually get it to go away...

keith88lx

forum member
Reaction score
I know MAC axleback are popular. And I have read a bunch about them online. I put them on my car a few months ago and love them. But the low RPM drone is pretty bad. I have read changing to an O/RH or X would help. I also read about resonators, but dont want to change the sound and think it might...
any thoughts? I dont want to change from the MAC's.
what have you guys done?

I added resonators with my Borla Stingers and it didn't change the sound at all. It just helped with the drone while cruising the highway.

yellowjohn1

forum member
Reaction score
Mine drone like a bitch too, but they sound great and I'm way to cheap to swap axlebacks like underwear like a lot of people. I'm guessing getting rid of the cats might help but I've seen a lot of owners that say they "trumpet" a lot with an o/r H.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Mac LT+Mac Prochamber+Mac mufflers = no drone. The Prochamber is the key I believe.

Black08

New S197 owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I figured that just changing he amount of airflow or pressure by changing a part of the system would do it. i guess I have to convince the boss to let me get the prochamber next.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Catted X, resonators and MACs also equal little to no drone. I thought Prochamber and macs would drone. I had prochamber and magnapacks that droned

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have run my mac exhaust for 3 years now... still have it on with my 5.0 power plant. Love the mac!

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
When people talk about MAC axlebacks - are they talking about boomtubes? Or is there more than one MAC axleback?

Black08

New S197 owner
Reaction score
the drone is only between 1500-1800 RPM. Other than that they are awesome! So i get it bad around 65mph.(but who does that anyways)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back