are '12 and '13 suspensions the same? mine don't seem to be...

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
We have a customer with a 2013 that he just installed a bunch of suspension parts on it from us. Everything worked perfect for him with zero issues.

539902_2069713319268_1737915188_1073622_1578099368_n.jpg

Lol this post was pretty random!

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Lol this post was pretty random!

BBR Racing made a post that their S197 parts work on a 2013 GT in a thread where someone wants to know if the 2013 suspension is the same as the earlier cars. Doesn't seem too random to me.

dan02gt

Reaction score
My 11 GT/CS measures about the same as the your girl's 12 and I have the FFDD springs. I wonder what options get you the FFCCs?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
Look at the spring code label on the bottom of the rear springs. It's guaranteed they don't match and the 2012 has a firmer spring resulting in the 1/2" taller ride height.

Flyby763

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe your springs have just settled a little more since its got some age on it and hers is new and has not settled yet.

martin_nj

czesc!
Reaction score
I wonder what options get you the FFCCs?

i wonder if it is as simple as hers being a GT Premium and mine is a GT (base model) that change puts leather and a heavier/better stereo in the car so maybe ford decided that increase in weight requires stiffer springs?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
i wonder if it is as simple as hers being a GT Premium and mine is a GT (base model) that change puts leather and a heavier/better stereo in the car so maybe ford decided that increase in weight requires stiffer springs?

you're most likely correct.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Stiffness of springs alone will not delegate ride height. Length of spring will also have to be taken into account. What little bit if weight that would be added from leather vs cloth and upgraded stereo I highly doubt that being the reason to have a seperate spring manufactured.

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
Stiffness of springs alone will not delegate ride height. Length of spring will also have to be taken into account. What little bit if weight that would be added from leather vs cloth and upgraded stereo I highly doubt that being the reason to have a seperate spring manufactured.
if this were true then loading the back of a pickup truck with a ton of gravel wouldn't change the ride height

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
if this were true then loading the back of a pickup truck with a ton of gravel wouldn't change the ride height

Stiffness of a spring is known as the value k.

F=delta_x*k where delta_x is the displacement produced by the force acting on the spring.

In your situation you stated that the weight of the gravel, or the force exerted by the mass of the gravel multiplied by the acceleration due to gravity.

Now position will also be delegated by the starting length of the spring. Hence, as I was saying earlier, spring stiffness is not the only factor of the equation. If the 2013s spring is originally an inch longer then the ride height will be an inch higher if it's in the same car even if the spring rates are the same.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is helpful to you or not, but I measured my '11 GT Premium before putting lowering springs on and I was right at 30" in the front (like your 12). I saw a '13 V6 base at a dealership today and thought it looked a bit lower than mine, but assumed it was just an optical illusion until reading this...

martin_nj

czesc!
Reaction score
the general consensus is that my two cars have different spring codes printed on the door.

we're not 100% sure how different the springs specs are

well the V6 measurements i won't even begin to compare since that car is 300lbs lighter from the start... so who knows what ford is using for their spring codes

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
Stiffness of a spring is known as the value k.

F=delta_x*k where delta_x is the displacement produced by the force acting on the spring.

In your situation you stated that the weight of the gravel, or the force exerted by the mass of the gravel multiplied by the acceleration due to gravity.

Now position will also be delegated by the starting length of the spring. Hence, as I was saying earlier, spring stiffness is not the only factor of the equation. If the 2013s spring is originally an inch longer then the ride height will be an inch higher if it's in the same car even if the spring rates are the same.
No, what you said is te spring stiffness will not effect ride height. Now your contradicting yourself

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score

No, what you said is te spring stiffness will not effect ride height. Now your contradicting yourself

Reading comprehension, you don't have it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back