Atco Sunday Dec 12th

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll be there both days. run the black car one day and the white one the next hopefully new best for both.

Nice! Can't wait to see it run.

Is Chris going to run either of his cars?

Hey James........

rif-logo-blue_large.gif

:poke:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Cool. I've been wanted to see your white car run. I only saw it in the parking lot that one time right after you bought it.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
I won't be able to make it today guys, but my brothers will be there. Sorry... see ya in the Spring.

Sent from my Droid

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Art got two passes and the clutch was done, a 11.7 and 11.6 I think he said.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he'll stick with the stockers.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Clutch went to shit first pass, RPMs came up so quick I hit the rev limiter on the 1/2 shift. 1.58 11.71 @ 117. Figured I'd make one more hit, second pass I was ready for the "new" shift point and made a clean run, but 60' went to 1.60 and MPH dropped to 116 went a little quicker for an 11.70. Smelled clutch pretty bad so called it a day.

If someone wants to "sponsor" me a clutch that actually WORKS...I will sell a shit load of them!! I don't have it in me to piss away any more money on clutch testing.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I only got 2 runs. The first one I was just trying out launching on the slicks. They dead hooked and the car lifted, bogged a little and then took off. I let out 1/2 track on that run. On my second run I set the 2-step at 4000 and it spun the slicks pretty good, but when I shifted into 4th I found out why running slicks and radials is not a good idea. The car started drifting towards the center of the track pretty bad and I got out of it. After that they kicked me due to both going under 11.5(only an 11.3 at 96 or so mph since I let out) and due to what they say almost crashing.

Guess that made up my mind of getting radials for my 15x10 racestars for next year. Chris apparently lifted a head on his black car. Not a good day today.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bias Slicks out back and radial fronts?

Last edited:

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask you today James, what flywheel are you running and have you tried to speed shift with your Spec?

Interesting effect on the car pulling to the left did you check the tire pressures when you came back in? Also wondering if the stock diff clutches are going, did you notice if you got good smoke on both during the burn out?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I've got the spec billet steel flywheel and I did powershift one run by accident and it was flawless. It actually felt smoother than the ignition cut shifting but I don't want to risk over revving if I miss a shift.

As for the tire pressures, they were even and I did get smoke from both. I upgraded to the FRPP carbon clutch packs when I had my 4.10's installed right before I put the blower in. That was just a few months ago but I guess that doesn't mean they aren't going bad. I have a feeling I got out of the groove to the right and when the car found the groove again it kept going to the left.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
James, i gotta get that Mount you ahve for your phone. Do they make one for the orignal Motorola Droid, or jsut the Droid X?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back