Auto Headlights

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
On keeping up with technology (or at least trying to), true. Some of the technologies are interesting in their own right, particularly the ones associated with vehicle dynamics. Doesn't mean I want them, but there is value in understanding them that goes beyond knowing the devil itself.

The rest are at best irrelevant to what I hope is still the primary intended function of a motor vehicle (sometimes I'm not quite sure any more).

To the headlight thing itself, I can't help but wonder how you can take a car that's fairly distinctive to begin with, modify it in such a way that should make it more individual and somewhat easier to spot, and then need it to tell you where you put it last. Sheesh . . .

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Going a little further back to address the OP's specific question, if you haven't already found a solution I suppose you could install a relay triggered by the dome light that would provide a separate power path to whichever light(s) you wanted to have turn on. I don't suggest tieing this in to turn on any HIDs (either OE or aftermarket) though. If it matters any, this approach would probably trip the lights whenever you turn the dome light from inside the car as well.

Norm

Back