Backyard (sideyard) remodel

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So we purchased this house back in 2005, and it already had a spa there that was about 6 years old already. We used it for a couple years, but unfortunately, the people who installed it just put it on top of a bed of rocks (gravel), with no cement foundation. What this allowed was for our small animal friends from the wild kingdom to burrow underneath and use the spa as a home. The animals chewed up the wiring, and on a couple occassions we found some dead animals under there.

Backyardbefore.jpg

So 3 weeks ago we decided to get rid of it. We had it removed, and then I removed all of the gravel (25 5 gallon buckets) and I got 25 50lb bags of sand, and compacted the area, making it level. Then I got some more flat stones, laid them out, and filled the cracks with more sand. We got some lanterns which were mounted with some rod iron L brakets. I just had to drill a couple holes into the wall using a masonary drill bit and use the appropriate screw anchors to mount to the wall. A fire pit, some chairs, a couple huge pots, 3 rod iron candle holders, and the final product after only a couple weekends:

Backyardremodelbestpic.jpg

The wifee is happy for another week.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The remodeled area tonight being used for the first time, the wifee and her friend drinking martini's, and even the dog enjoying the fire.

Backyardremodel1stday.jpg

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Great move as the space looks so much more functional!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So is your wall on their property? Since it's past that wall? LOL

Damn straight! :roflmao: No, that is how it was laid out from day 1 since we have been here. That neighbor is very cool, he races motorcycles and actually likes it when I start up the mustang with open headers. He comes over all the time to check out the car.

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
Looks like someone raided "Restoration Hardware" that looks like a great place to kick back with a few :)

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Paul, looks real good, well done.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Damn straight! :roflmao: No, that is how it was laid out from day 1 since we have been here. That neighbor is very cool, he races motorcycles and actually likes it when I start up the mustang with open headers. He comes over all the time to check out the car.

That's hilarious.

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
Looks kick-ass. Unfortunately, here in Texas we'd need a net or something up top to keep the skeeters out. But, you've given me some design ideas for our enclosed patio.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's really nice. We like our grass, but have had some mild regrets over not getting stone so we could have a fire pit in our yard.

Great work!

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Damn Paul that looks real nice. I was thinking of hanging some outdoor lights around my gazebo/firepit but I really like the look of the lantern idea you have there. Sets the mood around the fire better than regular lighting. Just got a few ideas for some more remodeling of my own haha. Nice job

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back