BAMA tuned 2013 A6 - slow shift

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've got a 2013 A6 with just a JLT CAI and a Bama tune. I installed both at the same time, and immediately noticed that with slight acceleration it would "slow shift".

Here's my definition of "slow shift". It unlocks the torque converter, RPM's rise slightly, and then RPM's drop when it finally shifts. The amount of RPM increase depends on pedal applied.

It's almost like not lifting between shifts with a standard.

I went back to BAMA for updates, they sent me new tunes, and nothing has changed.

Could this be a vacuum leak? Bad tune? I'm contemplating taking it locally to get a tune instead, but didn't want to blow that money if it's not a tune.

Go ahead with the comments about the "man pedal", I can take it. :thumb2:

But any help is greatly appreciated.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
is it in between shifts, like the RPM rises and then shifts to the next gear?

Mine did this, and I had my tuner change it.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! Ill try one more time, if not ill get it tuned somewhere else.

Thanks!

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Give it a few days of driving and the shifts might firm up. These new cars have adaptive learning in the trans strategy in the tune. If it doesn't get any better they have the ability to fix it with a re tune.

LSKILLA

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my BAMA tune. I had to datalog for the me to get it lined out. If I were you I would call Shaun at AED. He has the new Autos lined out.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Did you attempt to talk to the tuner?
We can't change your tune.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
Did you attempt to talk to the tuner?
We can't change your tune.

Yep, I went through their support email. Which might not be the best route. Like I said, I'll give them another shot.

Never expected you to change my tune, I was just looking to diagnose between a vacuum leak and a tune issue. :cheers:

Thanks,

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From what I heard/told the 2013's are a little different than the 11/12's for the shifting since they have the ability to manually shift via the +/- function...when I talked to Shaun about it he told me he was not up to speed on the 13's yet and to talk to Adam at Pops Racing about it....that was about 2 months ago so Shaun may have gotten his hands on a 13/14 and figured it out.

Back