Bamcustom tuning/American Muscle

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
so still havent been able to drive my car, been a headache so far, took the DS off since i wanted to be able to tune easier, ordered the sct from AM and it arrived two days ago, so i place the intake back on, and upload the 93 performance tune, and it kept saying file was too large and was unable to load, but my 87 street tune would, so i loaded it, went to start the car and it was running like shit, shut it off, started back up and same thing, wouldnt hold an idle, so i just thought maybe it needed a sec to relearn itself so i drove it down the road and the CEL came on, checked the code and said it was running rich, made a call to AM and they had listed that my intake was the c&l race, not the street, no biggie, they said they would send me new tunes, but to my luck i cant load them due to vista, for some reason i cant get them to open and chris at AM told me that its a PITA with vista so i either needed to wait to talk to someone at sct tomorrow about it, or find a computer with xp, or windows 7.

so Ill see how it goes once its loaded and see if i miss the old out of the box 91 street tune from my DS, figures its my luck, last week i got a tank full of bad gas, this week a tuner that is unless...haha

I had a problem with my X3 and while on the phone with tech support they did not get to happy when i told them i was running Vista. they tried to live link and couldnt get it to work, so ill have to try again today with my old desktop and windows XP

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Recieved an Email today from Bamachips/American Muscle stating I get free tunes for life,even sent me a code number if I ever want to order a tune from them.

weeloGT

forum member
Reaction score
I had a problem with my X3 and while on the phone with tech support they did not get to happy when i told them i was running Vista. they tried to live link and couldnt get it to work, so ill have to try again today with my old desktop and windows XP

Well when I used a friends computer with xp, the new tunes do work. However the car acts like a carb car now. I have to let it warm up for a while before I can drive off cause it wants to miss and skip for the first 10 mins it seems. Also doesn't pull as hard as my old stock tuned DS did on the top end. Not sure if this is how all race tunes act or what, but I guess Ill have to put it on a dyno and Ill have no use for the free tunes for life, have had a total of four tunes in the one week I have owned my sct and I haven't been all that happy. Wish more folks could tune with the diablo cause I would have just stuck with that instead of selling it off cheap and jumping on what I thought was a great deal

weeloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well got a email from someone at AM, and they show concern to help fix my issues, before I download another tune I will be installing more parts then having them update what I already have and see how that goes. I'm not mad or totally upset about the way my car runs, I understand that mail order tunes are just great place to start tuning, just seems my old tuner ran better but there can be other issues involved. I'm sure once it's all said and done Ill be happy with the x3 over the DS. Thabks again AM

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Well when I used a friends computer with xp, the new tunes do work. However the car acts like a carb car now. I have to let it warm up for a while before I can drive off cause it wants to miss and skip for the first 10 mins it seems. Also doesn't pull as hard as my old stock tuned DS did on the top end. Not sure if this is how all race tunes act or what, but I guess Ill have to put it on a dyno and Ill have no use for the free tunes for life, have had a total of four tunes in the one week I have owned my sct and I haven't been all that happy. Wish more folks could tune with the diablo cause I would have just stuck with that instead of selling it off cheap and jumping on what I thought was a great deal

hmmmm that sounds more like a tune issue, and not the computer but im about as clueless as one can be with computers and tech stuff.

However, I will never go back to Diablo, had one for old 04 GT and thought yeah this thing is pretty cool, but everyone kept going with SCT stuff, so i thought I would try it too. the performance with the SCT was so much better, it was easier to use, and the car was about 3.5 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile after swapping tuners. Diablo was sold the next few days lol.

spedly

forum member
Reaction score
Don't know what happened to this but I heard from a pretty good source that Chris Rose from tillman is moving on and will be doing AM's tuning starting next week.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't know what happened to this but I heard from a pretty good source that Chris Rose from tillman is moving on and will be doing AM's tuning starting next week.
How interesting, especially if it is a Fact.

Terry

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score

Hmm, I did notice today that I can no longer access Tillman's email tune ordering page. It was working a few days ago. I've been curious about trying their All Out tune for shits and giggles.

I also have not been hearing back from AM about my tune requests....

:popcorneat:

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
bama

well im on like my fourths update from them! not a very good experience.
ive been trying to get a update for my 127200 cams. well its been well over a month and it seems like they cant tune my basic bolt on car!
when i load there tune the wrench comes on and it runs like crap . also
got a check engine light p061b . well just thought id post my shitty eperience with them.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
well im on like my fourths update from them! not a very good experience.
ive been trying to get a update for my 127200 cams. well its been well over a month and it seems like they cant tune my basic bolt on car!
when i load there tune the wrench comes on and it runs like crap . also
got a check engine light p061b . well just thought id post my shitty eperience with them.

Try cleaning your TB.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
I can neither confirm, nor deny, these allegations.

evildawg-wtf.jpg

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
I emailed them twice from the website a month ago asking for an updated tune to my old bama one and never even got an email back yet

C

chrisroseefi

LOL Don!

I'm pleading the fifth this weekend. I'll speak next week! :)

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
I emailed them twice from the website a month ago asking for an updated tune to my old bama one and never even got an email back yet

Yeah something is going on for sure. I emailed them about 2 weeks or more ago about a tune update and heard nothing. I also did the thing where you place an "order" for the free tune and I was suppose to get an email but never did. My bama race tune on cold start will jump up to 2500 rpm which with my exhaust is loud as hell and makes crap vibrate and rattle in the car, lol. I'd sure like to get that fixed. :(

I haven't heard anything back from Brenspeed in about 2 weeks either. My tune has always acted a little "weird" when it's cold (it feels like it's throttling up too hard to maintain idle where I have to fight it to stop the car by standing on the brake like a mofo, almost like I'm power braking) and I wanted to see if there's anything that can be done about it. This issue I have does not happen with my Bama tune so it's gotta be something that's fixable. But, I've heard several times in the past few days that Brenspeed is really busy right now.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
you've got to realize the whole of china and its mother is ordering/customizing tunes from americanmuscle now...

Back