Bamcustom tuning/American Muscle

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
It took me a while for them to update my tune but i called them regarding the order and a couple of days later i had it sent to my email. Next time i wont update my tune with them though ill just go with someone else just saying.

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
tune

Originally Posted by fordracer666
well im on like my fourths update from them! not a very good experience.
ive been trying to get a update for my 127200 cams. well its been well over a month and it seems like they cant tune my basic bolt on car!
when i load there tune the wrench comes on and it runs like crap . also
got a check engine light p061b . well just thought id post my shitty eperience with them.

Try cleaning your TB.

it runs mint with my bbr tune.

Last edited:

sowbug

Reaction score
Hopefully they can put their heads together or at least help each other get their head out of their ass.

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
well im on like my fourths update from them! not a very good experience.
ive been trying to get a update for my 127200 cams. well its been well over a month and it seems like they cant tune my basic bolt on car!
when i load there tune the wrench comes on and it runs like crap . also
got a check engine light p061b . well just thought id post my shitty eperience with them.

Same problem here. I cleaned the MAF and the TB with the appropriate cleaners and still nothing. I didnt think that would do it anyway considering all my other tunes load and start the car fine. I currently have tunes from Wes@tps but would at least like my (former) Bama tunes updated so I can play around with the different tunes when on the street, Ive got an 87P/93T/93R from BAMA.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If you're having tech problems, it's usually easiest to call the tuning department and work with one of the members of our tuning team directly. The phone number is 888-226-9764, and the tuners will happily talk tech with you and straighten things out. Remote tuning can take a few tries to make sure everything runs smoothly, sometimes I think it's more of an art than a science.

If you've placed an order for a tune and haven't received a confirmation email or a request for more information, please send me a pm or an email, and I'll take a look at your order. Also, keep in mind that if you're a former BamaChips customer, we'll need the serial number off your device in order to send the tune out to you.

If you have any questions in general, please feel free to let me know. I'm always happy to help, and I'll respond as quickly as I can. :)

edited to add: street_stallions, SirKnightTG, and fordracer666, check your inboxes. I sent you pm's to see how things are going and make sure you're taken care of. If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please let me know. :)

Last edited:

Docktour Z

McRibber
Reaction score
Can we get a tester tune? I know my old platform the companies offered a test file to sway you to buy their tune! Most expired after 24-48hrs.

big-j

Reaction score
that would be bad ass if we could test a tune for free but how would it expire???

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Can we get a tester tune? I know my old platform the companies offered a test file to sway you to buy their tune! Most expired after 24-48hrs.

That is an awesome idea, but there's no way (that we know of) to make a tune expire. If there were a way, it would definitely be a cool option. :beer:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
bully dog used to do a 48 hour tune iirc. i had it installed on my duramax and beat on it for 2 days, on the 3rd day i went out and bought myself a tuner. not sure how they did it, but i know it can be done

ixtlan

Reaction score
I got a 93 tune for my 05 from them recently.
The first they sent had a some issues but when I emailed them they responded within a few days with a corrected tune.
I was running a 92 from Doug and Matt and the 93 has a more torque. Enough to notice anyhow.
I have no issues with them, and they responded within expectations time wise.
My mods consist of a CAI and gears so they don't have a lot to deal with in my case.

I'm Happy.
I am sure they will be good to deal with in the future also.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
bully dog used to do a 48 hour tune iirc. i had it installed on my duramax and beat on it for 2 days, on the 3rd day i went out and bought myself a tuner. not sure how they did it, but i know it can be done

theres a speed shop by me that does the trial tunes. it basically works out that they are an authorized "insert name here" dealer. they have the tuner that can write you a temporary tune. but this is only on stock vehicles that are staying stock and have no mods that need to be tuned for. its basically a try it before you buy it kind of deal.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
its basically a try it before you buy it kind of deal.

thats what i thought. like i said. i didnt know how they we able to program it for just 48 hours, but i thought that was a cool idea. they got me hooked and i haven't kept a car/truck stock since then.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score

Bully Dog has some awesome abilities and technology at their disposal, but they're not telling the rest of us how they do it. Maybe I'll have to contact them and ask really, really nicely... :lol:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back