Best LT's for the money?

T

Top00Cat

I did call pypes and they were once again out of stock. Had to put my exhaust back together. They gave me a ship date of next week but said it can be pushed back if there are any delays. I ordered these in the spring and will be lucky to have them in my mid summer. Honestly this is the first time I ever tried to save a few hundred dollars on a part and I am paying the price now. This may be an isolated issue but it wasnt worth the headache for the money saved

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
MAC has the best price and matches and surpasses the gains of kooks and american racing and are less than half the price. Fit is great, quality is amazing, and they come ceramic coated for just over $400, I had them on my car and if I ever had to buy again, MAC would be my only choice

06z28eater

forum member
Reaction score
if i ever go with lt's ill go with mac after reading this. I had bbk on my 03 and was happy with them along with the o/r x.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kooks and ARH are the only two I would install on my car, right now I am running kooks but switch to ARH 1 3/4" lt's this winter.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I heard Macs where impossible to get ahold of. Like they are on back order for months or something

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
I have Bassani and if I did it again I'd go Kooks. They hang below the frame and I hate that because now I'm nervous about lowering the car. P0133/P0153 codes are a PIA - and some big name tuners have not been able to tune that out.

Kooks allegedly fit real good and their midpipe as well supposedly sits up tight like stock. Also allegedly has no P0133/P0153 issues.

Ok really if I did it again, I wouldn't. I'd simply allow my supercharger to make all the power my block could handle without wasting money on headers. I'd merely get a midpipe with high flow cats. And i'd keep the bassani race mufflers.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Oh and just for the record, the macs fit under the framerail, so clearance will not be an issue as I never was for me

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
my jba'a hit the steering shaft slightly at idle, previous owner installed them and didnt dent them for clearance. also get a P0133 about once a week, also have an o/r h-pipe

bigmachano

Weapon IX
Reaction score
my jba'a hit the steering shaft slightly at idle, previous owner installed them and didnt dent them for clearance. also get a P0133 about once a week, also have an o/r h-pipe

i'm in that boat too. i tried banging them in a little but ended up just shaving the steering shaft! and guess what? its still close... i'm hoping the bullet mounts will help raise the engine a little till i can figure a better way of doing things

Back