Best Wax

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
So im getting the natty red, M205 polish , M21 sealent, then the cyan pad. Im excited for this now :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you're using M205 you will need a separate pad for that, something with some cut like a Tangerine Hydrotech.

MLC40 was nice enough to send me some Z2 and some ZFX to try out. I'm very impressed with the Zanio products and will be buying some in the near future. Super easy to apply and remove and it's one hell of a finish for the amount of time it takes to use it. I love how it give you the ability to apply multiple coats without curing by using the ZFX. Awesome products.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
I got pretty heavy into this due to the grade of the paint job on mine, it is black. I tried most of Adam's line, Nanowax, Zymol carbon, Zymol black, Zymol custom blend, Menzerna, Turtle Black Box, and am currently sold on C-Magic. Supposedly formulated for "corvettes" but it works great on my car and lasts almost as well as the Zymol but looks better, and it's alot cheaper.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking for opinions the the best wax for a black car.I know I'm due for a clay bar but I'm not ready to do it just yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Chocolate or vanilla? Same kind of question. Everyone will have their own personal "mine's best" opinion. I have had great experiences with Meguire's Gold Class (liquid version) on both red and black cars. I get a long lasting shine. Goes on easy. Comes off easy.

But to each there own.

topbliss

Reaction score
Chocolate or vanilla? Same kind of question. Everyone will have their own personal "mine's best" opinion. I have had great experiences with Meguire's Gold Class (liquid version) on both red and black cars. I get a long lasting shine. Goes on easy. Comes off easy.

But to each there own.

exactly. Tried am ALL and now use Maguires NXT 2.0. Have not found anything better and its cheap..

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Carnauba content has nothing to do with a wax's shine. It adds to its durability. Carnauba is a hard dull wax. What adds to a natural wax's shine, is its oil content.

Manufacturers like Zymol, Swissvax, Dodo, Chemical Guys (They make Wet Obsession, e-zyme etc) use Carnauba content as a marketing term. As a "wax" that contains 70% carnauba would be a brick and impossible to use. Those high content figures are actually the % of carnauba in weight vs the other waxes found within the total compond as nearly NO wax product just contains carnauba as its primary wax content. Most contain candellila, paraffin, beeswax etc. Along with their other various ingredients such as oils, solvents, silicones etc.

Here's a little break down of some more popular waxes and why they are what they are:

Pinnacle Souveran: Very high oil content, goes on like butter, and comes off easy. Why? Low overall wax content, high solvent content, with a majority of oil content. This wax will look wet, but not last very long.

Wet Obsession: Medium oil content, goes on easy, off easy, as it has an extemely high solvent content. Tends to give a wet, but not deep look. Why? Again low content on wax, carnauba being the majority, but this wax is not natural, it uses silicones as a booster. Which gives it more of a shimmering look, that sealants give off.

Zymol Concours: Higher than normal wax content, typically in the high 30% (typically the true threshold of wax content vs total weight. Carnauba is near 50-60% of the overall wax content. Natural essentials oils, and natural solvent base. No slicones. Wax will last a good while, and give a natural wet/deep look. What do you expect for over $200? This is more of a 65/35 wax. 65% liquid, 35% actual wax. One of the higher waxes out there.

Swissvax Concorso: Again similar to Zymol, with the exception of it being less in the oils, more in the solvents, slightly more carnauba vs other waxes.

Hope this gives you guys a little bit of education on wax marketing buzz, as there is no such thing as the best wax. Only, the best wax for what youre trying to accomplish/budget.

Now, if you just want to win a show for best finish etc, just polish down your clear coat to remove all blemishes and jewel the paint with a non abbrasive lake country pad, like a red or gold jeweling pad. Although black and blue finishing pads can work just as well.

Don't even bother to wax it once the finish is done, just apply a show glaze (non abrassive), example would be like Meguiar's showcar glaze, or Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze etc, Adam's Spray Glaze (I'm not endorsing any of these products, just giving examples). These products are actually used to go on before waxes to "fill" and give an amazingly wet/deep look, but do not protect at all. They add dimension to the wax. But since we're trying to win a show, don't even bother to wax, you won't have any protection, but damn the car will look good for a few hours before the glaze evaporates off, since there is not a top coat to lock it in, lol.

Thanks for the input.

I was just referring to the amount of protection they each offer, and adding to the fact that they offer insane amounts of shine.

:)

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
exactly. Tried am ALL and now use Maguires NXT 2.0. Have not found anything better and its cheap..

You've tried everything and that's what your preference is? Maybe everything at Vatozone. I'm sorry but come on now... Also, Meguiars. I'm not sure why most of the people can't spell it right in this thread. Oddly enough everyone is a fan of it.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

I was just referring to the amount of protection they each offer, and adding to the fact that they offer insane amounts of shine.

:)

Well as I said before, carnauba content does nothing for the "shine" factor of a wax :D

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Well as I said before, carnauba content does nothing for the "shine" factor of a wax :D

:D

The WAX themselves offer great shine. There are also large amounts of Carnauba in each of those waxes that add protection.

:beerchug2:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
:D

The WAX themselves offer great shine. There are also large amounts of Carnauba in each of those waxes that add protection.

:beerchug2:

Which wax? I think you liked dodo juice supernatural?

If you like that, you should try zymol concours or swissvax concorso.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am glad you are happy with it. Thank you for the Blackfire Wet Diamond, I will try it as soon as I get the car out of storage.

If you're using M205 you will need a separate pad for that, something with some cut like a Tangerine Hydrotech.

MLC40 was nice enough to send me some Z2 and some ZFX to try out. I'm very impressed with the Zanio products and will be buying some in the near future. Super easy to apply and remove and it's one hell of a finish for the amount of time it takes to use it. I love how it give you the ability to apply multiple coats without curing by using the ZFX. Awesome products.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I am glad you are happy with it. Thank you for the Blackfire Wet Diamond, I will try it as soon as I get the car out of storage.

One thing I did notice with the Zanio is that it is "anti-static" I drove my car for the first time yesterday after applying the Zanio.

It collected more dust than normal (when the car wasn't just sealed or waxed) But, it collected much less after the Zanio than it normally does the first time I drive it after being sealed or waxed.

Using a buffer on a car charges the car from the friction. I find that it always picks up more dust the first time it's out after buffing it than it normally does.

The Zanio for sure has some anti-static properties to it. :beerdrink:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
$200 for a can of wax, wow. Interesting reviews on Zymol. Link

I use zymol concours on all of my cars, not bad for $200. But again the finish is mainly in how well your prep is. It's not the end all, be all for waxes, but when it comes to concours waxes you do get a decent difference vs some of the boutique stuff, or the over the counter stuff.

I'm also considering ordering Zymol Vintage. $1800 and refillable for life. Or maybe just buy 1 jar of Atlantique. Looking at pictures of cars though, you won't be able to tell the difference. One thing that zymol does really well is sheet water like crazy. I can pretty much dump a bucket of water on the car, and it'd remain bone dry.

Last edited:

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
For quick details I use the meguiars detail spray

For car shows or when I feel like giving the paint that nice extra shine I use NXT 2.0.

I take as good care of my paint as I can. It has some swirls here and there BUT I try and treat that once a year.

Heres from a car show last June how she looked liike with NXT 2.0
34148_10150201592755694_725350693_13270949_3228612_n.jpg

34148_10150201592750694_725350693_13270948_1321195_n.jpg

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have tried a bunch but come back to the tried and true Mequires cleaner wax in the red bottle...I found the other Mequire waxes leaves swirls/smears.

Just waxed the Tundra and Highlander, love the feel of a freshly waxed vehicle!

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
If any of the Meguiars waxes are leaving swirls or streaks than you're doing something wrong or the product is bad more than likely from heat and moisture. I've never had that problem and I've used all of Meguiars products.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NXT, the deep gloss, all of them left swirls/wet streaks on my darker color cars and not just mine, did it on a friends as well...only one that I have used that doesn't do it is the cleaner wax...and that was using an applicator and using the blue terry lint free clothes to remove/shine the car.

bullitt 736

Reaction score
I would use foam applicators and MF cloths made for wax removal.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back