Best Wax

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
If any of the Meguiars waxes are leaving swirls or scratches than you're doing something wrong or the product is bad more than likely from heat and moisture. I've never had that problem and I've used all of Meguiars products.

Agreed 100%.

Greg, are your pads contaminated or something? Has to be a variable there if you're getting swirling from these products.

NXT will cause some streaking if you put it on too thick, don't shake it well, or don't remove it correctly since it has a lot of oils in it, but it's not going to swirl the car. There is a technique to removing sealants that is slightly different than waxes.

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I meant to say swirls or streaks in my post. Just noticed I said swirls and scratches.

Either way, that's not right and and is not the norm to say the least... So either you've got bad product to cause streaking or you're using too much. The streaking will just buff out. To get micromaring you've got to be using crappy MFs and/or Applicators and/or contaminated with something that is marring the surface. There is nothing in any of Meguiars waxes that would cause micromaring, just not how it's made.

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
Just finished an application of Bfire wet diamond, did not 'rub it out' with the PC.
Very easy to work with, looks great (still in garage, though)
Did notice it makes for static cling or something, little bits of MF toweling or dried
sealant on body. Whisked it off afterwards with a MF dusting tool...
Straight wax, I have some ClearKote carnuba moose wax, doesn't do the static cling.

Cooter

forum member
Reaction score
I had a problem with NXT 2.0 streaking on my car. I'd top it with M#26. It looked great. I was impressed and I've owned alot of waxes. From $1000 and down.

Sounds like streaking and/or maybe some product build up or possibly towels.

Do a cd test on your towels. Its a simple test. Just take a blank CD-R and use the towel on the CD-R and see if it leaves marring. On the writable side.

Last edited:

chutoyy

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone try Menzerna SEALANT? =] I love it.

199479_10150142393668173_507573172_6725563_6336001_n.jpg

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I had a problem with NXT 2.0 streaking on my car. I'd top it with M#26. It looked great. I was impressed and I've owned alot of waxes. From $1000 and down.

Sounds like streaking and/or maybe some product build up or possibly towels.

Do a cd test on your towels. Its a simple test. Just take a blank CD-R and use the towel on the CD-R and see if it leaves marring. On the writable side.

What have you owned that was $1000 that you liked NXT 2.0 better than? IMO even a $200 jar of Zymol Concours looks a lot better than NXT, as well as an $80 jar of Pinnacle Souveran, or a $240 jar of E-zyme Natura.

Cooter

forum member
Reaction score
I wasnt implying that I liked NXT 2.0 better than any other wax, I was simply saying I was impressed with the way NXT 2.0 and M#26 looked together.

I've owned the following waxes.
SV Crystal Rock - $1265 new
http://detailersdomain.com/carcareproducts/swissvax/SwissvaxCrystalRock.html
P1010052.jpg

SV Smargd,
SV Mirage
SV Best of Show
SV Insignis
SV Saphir
Zymol Vintage sample. Which is hard to beat.
I could list a lot more.

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I dunno, with a name like 'Shining Monkey', targeting an extreme upscale user? Another thought, the Swiss have become noted for their hostility to automobiles, yet it is the home to $$$$wax? Maybe it's leftovers from the ski season, lol

Maybe so for the guys who don't really know up from down and are simply buying what they think is good or what they are told is good. I couldn't care less what they called it. If it works than it works. That's all that matters to me.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
imo, zymol vintage is one of the best buys. I just recently made the investment in.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Im a believer in zaino. I had some pics on here- try to search my posts and u can check out the results. Best stuff I've ever used.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back