Best Wax

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks to DKS I have started to use Blackfire Wet Diamond...

Yea, me too. Put on 2 coats a week ago , just brought it out today, sunny+cool. Looks better than new, and car was built a year ago now..
It had gotten dusty from having the door open for hours, and there was still a big static cling to it, though. kinda weird... Maybe that is gone now that it's been driven?

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
do not forget about ZFX and ZAIO, which are needed for first applications.

ZFX correct, AIO not correct. I have been a Zaino user since I bought this car and recently was able to try some BFWD. I think both products looks great and from my untrained eye can't tell a difference. I will say that I feel the Zaino is easier to remove but only slightly.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
ZFX correct, AIO not correct. I have been a Zaino user since I bought this car and recently was able to try some BFWD. I think both products looks great and from my untrained eye can't tell a difference. I will say that I feel the Zaino is easier to remove but only slightly.

Either one can be used. It was meant to be an or statement.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dont you use ZAIO before either Z2 or Z5? ZFX is an accelerator so you can add multiple layers of Z2 or Z5??

I am not a detailing expert or have a lot of experience with Zaino, but from their website you need to use ZFX for the first application but it is not required after that. I just tried AIO for the first time a couple of weeks ago on my wife's DD, nice product but I like Z2 and Z5 better. You do not need to start with AIO.

Either one can be used. It was meant to be an or statement.

:thumb:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I know its a bit on the expensive side, but after doing a few coats of Zymol Vintage... ya I'm in love. It is by far the wettest and deepest wax I've ever used/seen. It also has a "shimmery/glow" when in sunlight.

I learned a trick with it some of the zymol pro's say to do (and also works for other pure carnaubas) which is to take a spray bottle with ice water. Right before you wipe off the wax, gently mist the ice water over the area, then begin to wipe. Then go over the car about 3-4 hours later with the zymol field glaze. Amazing results.

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I know its a bit on the expensive side, but after doing a few coats of Zymol Vintage... ya I'm in love. It is by far the wettest and deepest wax I've ever used/seen. It also has a "shimmery/glow" when in sunlight.

I learned a trick with it some of the zymol pro's say to do (and also works for other pure carnaubas) which is to take a spray bottle with ice water. Right before you wipe off the wax, gently mist the ice water over the area, then begin to wipe. Then go over the car about 3-4 hours later with the zymol field glaze. Amazing results.

Pics or GTFO!!!! I'd like to see this! Thanks for the Ice water tip. I may try this.:thumb:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Pics or GTFO!!!! I'd like to see this! Thanks for the Ice water tip. I may try this.:thumb:

You really can't get an understanding of depth from a picture on the internet.

I did a funny comparison on autopia years ago, saying I compared an abundance of high end waxes and sealants, and labled the picture as a different one, and people actually said they could see a difference etc. When in reality, all it was, was a prepped surface that I just finished polishing, no top coat protection.

Proved my point that a picture on the internet does not show off a car's finish. :(

On another note, the ice water trick is really nice to give off that glow.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I agree with Seer. My car needs a full detail horribly. As far as imperfections it's not bad but it needs a detail. The photos make it look like it was just detailed. Everyone is always saying how clean it is. LOL

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
One thing I did notice with the Zanio is that it is "anti-static" I drove my car for the first time yesterday after applying the Zanio.

It collected more dust than normal (when the car wasn't just sealed or waxed) But, it collected much less after the Zanio than it normally does the first time I drive it after being sealed or waxed.

Using a buffer on a car charges the car from the friction. I find that it always picks up more dust the first time it's out after buffing it than it normally does.

The Zanio for sure has some anti-static properties to it. :beerdrink:

Just spit-balling here, but IIRC painters will attach a chain to the frame and let it hang to the floor to help reduce static. Maybe try it for a buffing session...?

For all you detailing psychos, if you find a product that you feel is excellent, superior, etc, why keep trying so many different products?

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Wet Obsession, no questions...judge for yourself Yes, I know I got to get rid of that GTS...

100_0284.jpg

100_0278.jpg

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
For all you detailing psychos, if you find a product that you feel is excellent, superior, etc, why keep trying so many different products?

Isn't that how we found said better product in the first place? So wouldn't it behoove us to keep looking for the better product. Time brings better products for the most part.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Question about the Ice Water trick, can I do this when just polishing? Or can I do it after polishing and after waxing, both? I like's a shine!

LMK please.

Edit: Nevermind, I found THIS. No freaking way I'm going through all those foam applicators and microfiber towels!:screw:

F that! Mines shiney enough!

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
It's EXACTLY the same? I hear it's damn close but there are a few minor differences, be it or not that they make any difference is another question.

I'd be shocked if there was a difference. Chemical Guys does private labling for a lot of makers. Another little known fact is that Adam's products are actually Chemical guys as well. It's a very common practice in the detail industry.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
You know....I've never heard of 50/50...if they are the same as WO...they surely are cheaper... which is always good news.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back