Big Brakes on 05 Mustang Help

Nitemare

forum member
Reaction score
Man you guys have really done your home work on this subject. Should have posted my question before sending the brakes to get powdercoated

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
FWIW, I have deleted the ABS on my car and I have a proportioning valve although I have it full open. I did a lot of testing from different speeds and and the rear brakes never locked up. I have Bear 14" rotors on all four corners with stock calipers and pads.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
If brake bias is built into the PCM, and the PCM controls brake bias/brake lockup, then why would it matter what rotors or pistons are used on the rear? Wouldn't the PCM control any potential lockup of the rear rotors so as to make them "behave" with the front brakes?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^^ I think is does, as I stated I have 14 inch 6 piston fronts and 12 inch 4 piston rears all from Wilwood. I have had these on the car for about 6000 miles and never had any brake problems, the ABS works perfectly.

Earl

51ngh

forum member
Reaction score
Yes.
Do you know him?

Lets just say, I can walk through couple of doors and talk to him face to face. I rode shotgun with him at VIR and all I can say is wow. I did not know a gt500 could do all that. Either is is crazy or has more balls then to to drive these mustangs that way.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back