bigwilly43729's pic/build thread: PW GT/CS

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Welcome back Willy! I really liked your SOnic Blue, congrats on the new car!

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, I think I'm the only car guy who doesn't like the cam sound, but I'm open to it being a possibility if I end up needing another tune in the future.

Last edited:

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I tried my hand at vinyl wrap today. Let's just say there's a bit of a learning curve to this, lol. I decided to wrap my roof and the decklid.

Here's how the roof turned out:

E3DDCDBF-EB87-493A-AA82-1F0AFDFB091F-2912-000006083D5D774D_zps485e2d59.jpg

If you aren't a professional or experienced at this, DO NOT attempt to apply this shit dry (i.e. without any sort of application fluid). And work from the middle. You should just be repeating this to yourself over and over again. My helper wasn't much of a helper either.

The decklid went slightly better:

84FDBD8F-CB1F-4CB9-A270-4EAB6057A2E0-2912-0000060850D2F294_zpse4ab5b7f.jpg

D5EEF688-851C-42A6-B723-7CFDD4103A09-2912-000006085C2AF43F_zps971274b2.jpg

The decklid isn't perfect, but for $11 in materials, I guess I can't complain too much. Also removed the fake gas cap. What a fucking pain in the ass. These geniuses taped the shit out of it, then put these damn posts on the back. I ended up shoving a screwdriver up in there and scratched the hell out of the paint. Whatever.

I'm not sure if I'm keeping it like this forever. Might try something like the RTR decklid, but I might try and make something custom from fiberglass. That will be down the line though.

Should be wrapping the hood later this week, but we will see.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i really like those wheels.

Thanks. These things have been a real pain in the ass to be honest.

I had to drive 60 minutes to get them on a work night at midnight

Rivets were missing and MSR wouldn't even answer my emails to get new ones, so I had to 'make' new ones.

I had the wrong lugnuts after getting them mounted; luckily Discount Tire sold them.

Got them on the car and realized that I needed a spacer up front because the wheel was hitting the caliper.

I got a nail in the tire a couple of weeks after I got them mounted.

They need some real TLC to polish them up properly. Lot of minor nicks and scratches that I didn't really see when I got them since it was dark. They may have to be repainted at some point, but I'll live with them for now.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
looks bad azz. get that wing black when you have time.. you need to even out the effects... I think.. haha

Its kind of like me now.. black in the front and white in the back :evil:

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...black wing sounds intriguing...

I've got to get something on the side. Either an emblem or a side stripe; something. Looks empty.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Round 2 on the roof wrap. Went better than round one, but there are still some minor mistakes. I'll end up doing it again sometime in the future. I also don't like the finish of this brand of vinyl.

Also added a lil sumthin under the hood. Looks like it belongs there...

It was pretty easy to install. The purge valve can kiss my ass, lol. Im going to do some re-rounting of the hoses to make things more efficient. JLT intake went on with no issues as well.

Haven't really been able to drive it hard yet, but the car felt a little jerky this morning on the way to work. Probably just takes a little getting used to.

These are just quick cellphone pics. I'll get some good ones with my real camera soon.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
Congrats Willy. The new car really looks great with the new mods. I also had to say goodbye to my '07 but have a '11 GT now that I just picked up a month back.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
for some reason I would like to see how the hood would look flat black... someone photoshop

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Made the switch to the 2013 bumper along with the Boss 302 lower valance. I wanted the GT500 one, but couldn't find any oval tips that weren't stupid expensive. I'll look into getting some fabbed up down the road. I guess I'm a hybrid now, lol. At least the gap is gone and I think it flows a lot better without that giant chunk of plastic on the back.

I'll get some better pics later once I get it washed.

Last edited:

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Nice man!

Shoulda went with my quad setup lol. I am dumping the turbo and going 302 valance with some fake tips probably soon

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back