bigwilly43729's pic/build thread: PW GT/CS

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I almost bought the ones you were selling, but I just couldn't justify the cost of the exact same axle back just with a new set of tips. I don't get why these bastards think that oval tips are the devil or something, lol. They are impossible to find.

When you say fake tips, do you mean like the ones Lexus puts on their ISF?

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Thanks! I almost bought the ones you were selling, but I just couldn't justify the cost of the exact same axle back just with a new set of tips. I don't get why these bastards think that oval tips are the devil or something, lol. They are impossible to find.

When you say fake tips, do you mean like the ones Lexus puts on their ISF?

Oh not those, I got some Borlas now lol. I wanted super snake tips, but they dont sell em.

But they're just gonna be there so it doesnt look weird with cutouts in the rear bumper. But there isnt gonna be any exhaust. no mid pipe, no over axles.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh my. Talk about waking the dead, lol. I was thinking about something like that too, but I would keep the mufflers. The tips just wouldn't be attached. No more worrying about aligned tips.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
It shouldnt be too bad, the turbo will be a giant muffler really lol. Already ran this setup once and had no issues.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Took some night pics. Mostly to show off the rear bumper. Also added 5.0 emblems. I need to paint the rockers so it flows a bit better. I also think I'm going to plasti-dip the emblem red just to add a splash of color.

IMG_0030_zps62f1ef14.jpg

IMG_0029_zps4b91ac4b.jpg

IMG_0028_zpsc624780f.jpg

IMG_0027_zps09f0d880.jpg

IMG_0031_zpsa730af5a.jpg

Did some work in the engine bay too. Painted the coil covers, radiator cover, added some brushed caps. The coil covers have a lettering kit from Emblempros in them. A little pricey, but they look nice. Figured I'd add a hint of red to spice it up a bit.

IMG_0032_zps1a98125c.jpg

IMG_0033_zpsbed74702.jpg

IMG_0034_zps622b4d88.jpg

IMG_0035_zps67f25546.jpg

IMG_0036_zps3949d283.jpg

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, if you are on this site and buying another mustang, expect to mod it.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been away for awhile, just kinda nickel and diming the car with the mods. Most of the changes have been subtle; I removed the spoiler and patched the holes & painted the rockers. Also added the Roush side splitters and MMD GT350 window covers.

Last edited:

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you have someone paint the rockers?

Nah, I painted them myself with Duplicolor Color Match paint.

In the future, I don't think I'm going to bother with rattle can paint on anything that's bigger than a book. It isn't cost effective and it can be hard to keep consistent finger pressure over large areas. I bought a paint gun kit from Home Depot for like $35 and it worked great on the trunk (I sprayed that too). I found a local place that mixes auto paint and got a pint for a little under $70. It's a little more work, but I think it's worth it, especially in terms of downtime.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are the rockers smooth or do they still have the textured look? Im interested in doing this myself.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are the rockers smooth or do they still have the textured look? Im interested in doing this myself.

There is still a little bit of texture in spots, but you have to get right up on it to see it; like 2" away to see it. If I had to do it over again, I'd sand it a little harder with some 400 grit to knock down the texture a little bit more. You have to be careful not to scratch it up too much or they will show up in the primer really bad and make more work for you.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good info, thanks Joel. Maybe i will pick up an extra one to try out first lol.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you haven't painted anything textured before, I'd try on something small first. Might be able to find something some is selling for cheap or try a local plastic retailer. There are a lot of DIY projects on the internet where people painted plastic with good results. You can do it with a can, but I'd do it with a gun, especially with darker colors. The can just seems like a recipe for tiger stripes when you get to larger surfaces.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back