Black mustang owners

lizz.blackstang05

Reaction score
What do y'all do to your car? I am going to be putting mine in a local car show and was just wondering. I have swirl marks in my finish. I was thinking about washing it with dawn to strip the wax then clay bar, swirl mark removal, polish then wax. Would this be a good idea? Thanks for your advice in advance.

28ONE

Reaction score
I've use Dr Colorchip but not too impressed with it. As soon as I started polishing my paint, it came off. Ford touchup paint is what I use now. The ideal way to get rid of chips and scratches is to repaint. You have any pics? Scrathes on the clear can be fixed to a certain degree, into the paint forget about it...

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have a rotary or dual action polisher? They're pretty much needed to accomplish any kind of decent paint correction.

lizz.blackstang05

Reaction score
I usually do everything by hand because everyone says buffers can damage paint but I might use one for this

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
The meguires 2.0 will be better then nothing but the results from a full paint correction will be well worth your time and money

Last edited:

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
If the surface is bad I would have a professional do a full correction and seal, to get you to a maintenance phase and not a correction phase. I ran through some epoxy 9 days after driving off the lot. I took it to a well reputed guy and it was worth every penny. I got a deal at $600.

Before with epoxy on car, covered approx 80% of all flat surfaces.
ryzyrapu.jpg

After a full 2 stage correction and coating with CQuartz
9a8e2e4u.jpg
yhydu7ym.jpg
u3ydydun.jpg

" That thang got a Hemi!?! "

lizz.blackstang05

Reaction score
Black will drive you insane keeping it nice and daily driving it. I am to scared to try a correction on a black car.

" That thang got a Hemi!?! "

Haha it does drive me crazy, was thinking about getting a professional to do it

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
Is it stock paint? You might be able to get away with 3000 wet grit on an DA hand sander and then doing a compound/polish (don't wax it after sanding it, it needs time to cure again from being awakened so to speak) after about a month I'd do a full 2 bucket wash, polish & wax to make it stay nice.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
This is a fender I just got done painting, clearing, wet sanding w/1000, 2000, soft pad 3000. Then compound & polished.

Before:
udusa6y8.jpg

After:
7eveja4e.jpg
dadesevy.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back