Blow my motor at 6,000 miles

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
No boosted i would have done the exact same thing i agree with you on that. But i wouldnt have done anything the op did..

no doubt...that was plain stupid to keep running it after it was smoking..lol Always search for shops and get feedback..dont let just anybody tune your car.

Of course I dont have that luxury..My warranty is wayyy overdue and I am paying to play...About 12k on the current build :angry1:

Last edited:

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
no doubt...that was plain stupid to keep running it after it was smoking..lol Always search for shops and get feedback..dont let just anybody tune your car.

yup and i really couldnt imagine not driving the car with a tune then just loading it in and going balls to the wall. Thats just asking for trouble.

Boy i hear that... i have the most ridiculous tapping noise coming from my motor that i really wish i had warrenty to figure out for me.

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
So you buy a nice car.......and your brain said what?

mencia.gif

Dee Dee Dee!

They can fix a car but they cannot fix stupid....you have to do that......good luck.

Don't break anthing else.

Last edited:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I may just meet you one day, seeing as how we live in the same town.

Don't you mean....

"I may just meet you sum-day, seeing as how we live in the same town"

So you blew your engine with a bad tune at the track, went home returned it to stock and went to have ford flip the bill? way to pay to play bro.

Can't say I wouldn't try the same thing. How much money does ford weasel out of with all those TSB's instead of actually doing recalls? Truth of the matter is nobody here knows EXACTLY what went wrong with the motor. It is possible that there was something physically wrong with the motor and coincidentally happened to fail sometime after the tune was loaded. How many near stock 4.6 and 5.0's have failed in NA form at stock levels?

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
not taking sides here, but wouldnt anybody? If I just bought a brand new 5.0 and the motor blew, damn right Im taking it to ford. You honestly cant say, "well, Im going to fork out about 10k to put a new motor in my already new car". Even if it was due to a bad tune or if it was my fault. You will try and fight it to get it replaced....

Fuck yea I would but that doesn't mean I don't get to bash people that already did something like that :evillaugh:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I'm sure there are a lot of guys here who have done the same thing with their warranty. The difference is this guy decided to tell everyone about it. In general, this is something you should keep quiet about or the wrong people might hear about it.

rxpwhistler1

forum member
Reaction score

I'm sure there are a lot of guys here who have done the same thing with their warranty. The difference is this guy decided to tell everyone about it. In general, this is something you should keep quiet about or the wrong people might hear about it.

My thoughts EXACTLY. Sometimes it's hard to keep your mouth shut. Maybe he was doing it to help others shy away from the tuner, regardles, would have been a good idea (clearly...judging where this is going) to have kept this to himself.

Either way, hope you learned a lesson here and will be more careful in the future regarding tunes, etc. The next lesson will no doubt cost you much more than a month and some good ol' basing on S197forum.com!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you guys like the color pink huh???

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
^^^^^^^ funnt. <- on purpose.

fellas, let me post my take on this......

we have a 32valve, twin independent, variable cam timing V8 with 416stock hp. It makes 460-480 crank HP when lightly modded. It has the same kind if technology in the entire engine that ferrari, lambo, BMW, etc use.......

and im going to Jim-Bobo's Import tuning to get it tuned. WTF do i expect?

an import shop deciding, that now is the time to cross over to hp and torque V8's is piss poor timing.

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
could you imagine the result of improper intake valve timing, 11:1CR, and too much ignition timing. DCR off the charts for the fuel being used. boom.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back