BMR motor mounts/lowering engine

itsmetj87

Reaction score
So I picked up a set of the BMR adjustable height motor mounts cause I'm going to be doing headers and I figured while I'm in there I may as well Yano... so my question here is, is there any benefit on an almost factory car that's daily driven and occasionally 2-3 times a month sees the drag strip to lower the engine and is there any problems with doing so. I know on road race cars they do it to lower center of gravity and such but I never plan on road racing just taking it to the strip here and there... thanks in advance!

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
It all depends on how much the motor is being lowered and what type of headers are being installed.. If you plan on installing long tube headers ? I would highly recommend against lowering the motor, especially if the suspension has already been lowered, otherwise you increase the risk of bottoming out and even more so when used as a daily driver..

Being that your car is mostly a daily driver to begin with, I wouldn't really recommend lowering the engine anyhow unless there's a clearance issue which prevents your hood from closing properly.. Other than that, your really not going to notice any real benefit from installing lowering motor mounts IMO..

itsmetj87

Reaction score
That's what I figured I'm putting ARH headers on it and yea around here in central jersey the roads suck! Thanks for the input

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Check out DOB's "Bad Ass R-Spec" build. The ARH's are rubbing with the 3/4" drop

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
It all depends on how much the motor is being lowered and what type of headers are being installed.. If you plan on installing long tube headers ? I would highly recommend against lowering the motor, especially if the suspension has already been lowered, otherwise you increase the risk of bottoming out and even more so when used as a daily driver..

Being that your car is mostly a daily driver to begin with, I wouldn't really recommend lowering the engine anyhow unless there's a clearance issue which prevents your hood from closing properly.. Other than that, your really not going to notice any real benefit from installing lowering motor mounts IMO..

What this guy said!

On a daily driver I almost never recommend lowering the engine, unless you absolutely need the hood clearance. Cars with LTs are already more prone to scraping, and that will only get worse if you lower the engine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back