BMR Suspension Congratulates GT.350-R (Chad Wendel) 2012 NMRA Super Stang CHAMP!!!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
BMR Suspension Inc. Congratulates Chad Wendel (GT.350-R) - 2012 NMRA Super Stang Champion!

Our very own S197Forum Member,and "Team BMR" Member GT.350-R gave the 2012 NMRA Season his blood, sweat, and tears, and came away with the title! This year was very competitive, and the consistency of Mr. Wendel was enough to ward off the defending NMRA SST Champ, Allan Miller (President - BMR Suspension) Allan drove the BMR Suspension test car to the runner-up this year.

Everyone that knows Chad, and sees him race, will tell you he is as good as it gets when it comes to driving a manual transmission. Super Stang is dominated by automatic transmission cars, and there are typically 20+ cars in the SST Class at each event. Chad is probably the first person to ever place in the top 5 at the end of the year. He placed #4 last year, and #1 this year!!

Of course, I must throw this in.... Chad had a chance to get his FIRST 11-Second timeslip on his last run this weekend, but slammed on the brakes to a 12.0@97!!!!!!!!! In an effort to win the semi-finals, in which he lost, he gave up his 11-second slip. It will come soon enough though.

Chad's car is a true testament of what a good working suspension will do for an S197 Chassis. His car may not be a single digit racecar, but it is quite possibly the best performing stock motor 3V in the country, as well as THE most consistent!

300HP - BOTH WHEELS UP!!!!!
GT350RTTFMF!!!!!!!!!

IMAG0439.jpg

http://s455.photobucket.com/albums/...Green 2012/?action=view&current=VIDEO0046.mp4

http://s455.photobucket.com/albums/...Green 2012/?action=view&current=VIDEO0031.mp4

300HP - BOTH WHEELS UP!!!!!
GT350RTTFMF!!!!!!!!!

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet, all things being equal I hope to run against Chad next year. Well done man!

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
Thanks Kelly,
With a good working suspension, I was able to launch the car, on radials, at 7400, side stepping the clutch and had no doubt it was going to hook. That piece of mind is what helped me concentrate on the rest of the pass. If you believe the car will work the same every pass, thats one less thing to worry about and makes it more enjoyable to run down the track.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Chad.....your sig says SST #4....... Come'on man....#1!!!!!!!!!

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
Here ya go.

2007 GT
Stock 281
Stock heads, cams and intake
Stock 3650 with Stock Clutch and Steeda sport shifter
Mods are:
Steeda UDPs
JLT CAI
Pypes Long Tubes
Pypes X-pipe
Stock mufflers
Aluminum Drive shaft with 4:56 gears
BMR Drive shaft loop

Rear Suspension
BMR Upper and Lower Control arms
BMR Relocation Brackets
BMR Pan hard bar and brace
BMR Anti-roll bar
BMR springs
Lakewood 50/50 shocks

Front Suspension
BMR Radiator Support
BMR K-Member
BMR A-Arms
BMR Springs
Lakewood 90/10 struts

Race wieght is 3500 LBs

Tuned by Dave Liechty @ DAVAD Motorsports.

Last edited:

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the win! I walked out to your pit area but didn't see anyone around. Car looked awesome.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back