Bogarts still the only choice?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bogarts still the only choice?

i guess i already know the answer of yes, or the Weld XP's that are completely beyond unobtanium.

I need soemthing to keep the 800+ ponies ill have on the street and not in smoke lol

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
hhhmmmm...they look ok for track use, but I don't think I want to hit the streets with em'.

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I need soemthing to keep the 800+ ponies ill have on the street and not in smoke lol

It's not so much a wheel question, than a tire question. I'd venture to guess that not very many street tires are going to be up to the task of keeping 800+ ponies planted on the ground. Drag radials will probably be the best bet.

The "drag" wheels are designed for weight saving down the 1320 :thumb:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i need soemthing for racing too so 15"s are ideal for slicks

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since I have Bogarts I'll chime in. If I had to do it over again, I would get dd 17" rims and run M&H DR's all the time; including the track. Paul, PSFracer does this and is laying down consistent 1.4x's. This way you wont have to hastle it @ the track, and you won't lose any performance (though I realize you have more weight, but at the hp you'll be running at, it will be negligable) Hope this helps.

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
These will be released here shortly. I have a set on the way from Greg.

They will be priced Smart and not out of range, they are lighter than our stock wheels yet have a nice drag look to them.
They are being done in 15', 17' 18' and 20' for the 05-present mustangs.
The first 3 are chrome plated and the last are the new aluminum one's he is doing as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0287 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0287 (Medium).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0288 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0288 (Medium).JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0289 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0289 (Medium).JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0292 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0292 (Medium).JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0293 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0293 (Medium).JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0291 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0291 (Medium).JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 39

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
who is greg? what company are they being offered by?

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
who is greg? what company are they being offered by?

GREG WELD RESPONDS TO AMERICAN RACING'S ALLEGATIONS
OF TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT

Kansas City, MO---December 4, 2007---- As most everyone in the wheel industry knows, American Racing Equipment bought substantially all of the operating assets of Weld Racing, Inc., in September of 2006. ARE did not buy any of the three corporations: Weld Wheel Industries, Inc., Weld Racing, Inc. or Weld Distribution, Inc. As of this date, all 3 of these corporations remain in good standing in the State of Missouri.

Recently, American Racing filed suit in Federal Court seeking injunctive relief and monetary damages against Greg Weld for trademark infringement for entering the automotive aftermarket under the trade names "Greg Weld Design™" and "Greg Weld Motorsports™".

Let us assure you of the following:
1. Greg Weld did not sign any type of employment agreement and/or join American Racing as was suggested to the industry in September, 2006.
2. Greg Weld has never worked in any capacity for American Racing - not even as a consultant or advisor.
3. Greg Weld did not sign a non-compete or non-disclosure agreement with American Racing.
4. Greg Weld never signed anything that would preclude him from using his own name to re-enter the automotive aftermarket.
5. We are confident that Greg Weld will prevail over American Racing's trademark infringement complaint.

Let us also assure you of the following: Greg Weld Design is a trademark used solely by Greg Weld. Greg Weld Design competes directly against, and is not affiliated with, Weld Racing or American Racing Equipment, Inc., in any way whatsoever.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Interesting sales pitch...

Kinda like your doctor posting his recent malpractice lawsuit win in a frame outside the door:samuri:

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Interesting sales pitch...

Kinda like your doctor posting his recent malpractice lawsuit win in a frame outside the door:samuri:

No sales Pitch, Boyd Jr. Had to send this out to everyone he spoke with as we heard of a law suit coming around from American racing.

Greg's Booth was directly across from American racing during the SEMA show. Some looks were being given back and forth from the weld folks and the AR folks.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No sales Pitch, Boyd Jr. Had to send this out to everyone he spoke with as we heard of a law suit coming around from American racing.

Greg's Booth was directly across from American racing during the SEMA show. Some looks were being given back and forth from the weld folks and the AR folks.
Kidding of course - I have a patent on that BTW - any other joking found on the internet may be subject to legal action.

Though I think Google has the copyright on "BTW" - so I better call my lawyer...

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Kidding of course - I have a patent on that BTW - any other joking found on the internet may be subject to legal action.

Though I think Google has the copyright on "BTW" - so I better call my lawyer...

Better hurry...........Quick like bunny.

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a patent on "FTI" :)

Nice to see some more Drag Wheels comin out :thumb:

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good

Please post up the 15" specs when they are finalized.

Thank you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back