Bogarts still the only choice?

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rumor has it that someone (nod nod wink wink) who has a complete set of 15 inch Weld Draglight XP's with 275/50 15 Mickeys and spacers for the fronts (skinnies) and a complete set of lugnuts might be putting them on ebay shortly to help buy a set of M/T drag wheels for his red 95GT NMRA Renegade build.

Joe Cook

07 gt
Reaction score
No use using e-bay. If you want to sell these wheel's just let me know how much and the money will be on the way ........................

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Rumor has it that someone (nod nod wink wink) who has a complete set of 15 inch Weld Draglight XP's with 275/50 15 Mickeys and spacers for the fronts (skinnies) and a complete set of lugnuts might be putting them on ebay shortly to help buy a set of M/T drag wheels for his red 95GT NMRA Renegade build.

How's the Ren. car coming?

I'll see you in Bradenton, as This will be the first full year for me running NMRA and FFW.

169stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Weld about a year ago regarding some wheels and the fella I spoke with said they were just purchased by ARE. Weird.

The lawsuit thing is kinda weird too. If Weld under the 3 companies was never purchased by ARE etc. etc., how can there be a no compete clause or copyright infringement lawsuit? Also, why would Greg Weld have to "re-enter the automotive industry" if he never left?

It seems not all the facts are on this table here.

Other than that, it would be nice to see some new wheels out there!

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's very frustrating that with all the after market parts out there, options for drag wheels are lagging so far behind. One of those companies needs to do something like Ron (Spyder) did. Come out with a quality product at a decent price. Look at the other DSs that have come out and prices have dropped on some since Ron came out with his.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
These will be released here shortly. I have a set on the way from Greg.

They will be priced Smart and not out of range, they are lighter than our stock wheels yet have a nice drag look to them.
They are being done in 15', 17' 18' and 20' for the 05-present mustangs.
The first 3 are chrome plated and the last are the new aluminum one's he is doing as well.

Anyone have these? Pics on a S197 available anywhere?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone have these? Pics on a S197 available anywhere?

Judging from the dates on the Greg Weld wheels in the summitracing.com catalog, it looks like they won't be available (depending on size) until March through May. Since more drag radials are appearing for 17" wheels, I think I'll get these new drag wheels in that size so I can use them on the street and the track. I hate having a second set of wheels just for track time.

John

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Judging from the dates on the Greg Weld wheels in the summitracing.com catalog, it looks like they won't be available (depending on size) until March through May. Since more drag radials are appearing for 17" wheels, I think I'll get these new drag wheels in that size so I can use them on the street and the track. I hate having a second set of wheels just for track time.

John

I emailed their sales dept. this morning. I post up their answer.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Since more drag radials are appearing for 17" wheels, I think I'll get these new drag wheels in that size so I can use them on the street and the track. I hate having a second set of wheels just for track time.
Just my 2 cents, but if you're going to stick with 17s and DRs, why not just go with a regular more affordable street wheel. I'm not sure the minimal weight saving would be worth the added wheel cost to me, especially for a dual purpose street/strip application. Unless you also really like the design of the Greg Welds.

Personally, I don't mind the wheel/tire swap at the track. Going to a 15" combo with light wheels and slicks (which are much lighter than DRs), plus the added sidewall height are important to me.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, but if you're going to stick with 17s and DRs, why not just go with a regular more affordable street wheel. I'm not sure the minimal weight saving would be worth the added wheel cost to me, especially for a dual purpose street/strip application. Unless you also really like the design of the Greg Welds.

Personally, I don't mind the wheel/tire swap at the track. Going to a 15" combo with light wheels and slicks (which are much lighter than DRs), plus the added sidewall height are important to me.

LOL! What, you call up and my son and tell him to wake me up or something?!?! I just got the same speech from him. Sure, a tad less rolling resistence with ANY skinny up front, but then there's little weight reduction, and less sidewall, fewer tire choices... Ok, I get it, I get it.

I have a cheap set of 17x9s bullets with a 235 up front and the mickey thomson 295 series on the back, so I already have what you suggest--in retrospect, it doesn't make all that much sense to duplicate that with a new set of wheels and a few pounds difference. Speaking of that, does anyone KNOW how much these wheels weight from Greg Weld? I didn't see weights in their online charts...

John

don_w

Reaction score
BTW, if I was going to run a dual purpose street/strip tire on a 17x9 wheel, it would be the M&H 325/45-17 DR... no doubt about it. Awesome tire, both at the track and on the street. Well, as long as it's dry anyway. lol

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
LOL! What, you call up and my son and tell him to wake me up or something?!?! I just got the same speech from him. Sure, a tad less rolling resistence with ANY skinny up front, but then there's little weight reduction, and less sidewall, fewer tire choices... Ok, I get it, I get it.

I have a cheap set of 17x9s bullets with a 235 up front and the mickey thomson 295 series on the back, so I already have what you suggest--in retrospect, it doesn't make all that much sense to duplicate that with a new set of wheels and a few pounds difference. Speaking of that, does anyone KNOW how much these wheels weight from Greg Weld? I didn't see weights in their online charts...

John
I don't remember where I saw it but the 15x10 was 14 lbs. I believe I'm going with the 15x8 with 5.5" BS on the back and a 17x4.5 up front.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't remember where I saw it but the 15x10 was 14 lbs. I believe I'm going with the 15x8 with 5.5" BS on the back and a 17x4.5 up front.

Are you going with the 17" up front as they offer it in 4.5" width (and they don't in the 15 wheel) for just a tad more streetability? I hadn't thought of that.

John

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
well, If the 15's fit on the front without spacers and longer studs, I'll go with those. I don't have much faith in them fitting without modifications though. I just like the 17" because I'm almost positive they will fit without mods.

Here is a couple of pics of the 15/17 setup. Although these are the Weld Alumastars. That could be a Bogart on the back but it is at least a 15".

cov-06sema17.jpg

cov-06sema20.jpg

Last edited:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well, If the 15's fit on the front without spacers and longer studs, I'll go with those. I don't have much faith in them fitting without modifications though. I just like the 17" because I'm almost positive they will fit without mods.

Here is a couple of pics of the 15/17 setup. Although these are the Weld Alumastars. That could be a Bogart on the back but it is at least a 15".

I have no problem with this conglomeration. As long as the brakes clear. It helps a whole lot when they're on a car such as that though... haha

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
the 17x4.5 Racelite with 2.25" BS will fit exactly as the one on the red GT500. That's it. I'm definately going that route.

don_w

Reaction score
I was skeptical about a 15/17 mix, but those don't look too bad.

I already have 3" studs up front, so I can stick with the 15" Bogarts.

cov-06sema17.jpg

cov-06sema20.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back