Bogging. Need to improve my 60'

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
If you are lowered which I think you said you are if get the relocation brackets too. But that's a good start!

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Those are also on the list. Aside from going crazy with all tubular up front and chassis braces and the whole 9, I don't see any other need for suspension mods but I'm always open to hear what you guys with more experience have to say about that. I figure I'll see what I can do with all this for this year and then just ride it out for a while until the motor or something lets go and then I'll set a new time goal and have that fun haha. The cars got 72k miles now so it should last a while longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
I just said 2-step. I dropped the idea of the MSD based on suggestions. I have to figure out more about the WOT box though since its Greek to me right now haha

Not to worry. It's all very simple. Just wire that sucker up and plug it into your laptop to set the parameters. I've got mine tucked just under the glove box so if I need to plug it back into the laptop, it's easily accessible.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
I've done a bit of shopping this winter and just have the Mickey Thompson's yet to buy and some other odds and ends but making progress. The list below is either installed or in the trunk waiting for me to install it one weekend or two weekends haha. Should be alright at the track this year. I can't wait for spring ha.

2008 intake plenum
Steeda charge motion delete plates
Steeda throttle body spacer
Steeda under drive pullies
JLT Series2 CAI
Amsoil air cleaner
MGW short throw shifter
Shaftmasters 3.5" drive shaft
BMR drive shaft safety loop
BMR adjustable upper control arm
BMR upper control arm bracket
BMR lower control arms
BMR lower control arm relocation brackets
BMR adjustable panhard bar
Kooks stainless long tube headers
Kooks stainless catted (gutted) X pipe
Bassani axle back mufflers
Eibach pro kit
N2MB WOT box
SCT SF3 bama handheld tuner
Steeda strut tower brace

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score
The WOT Box is an awesome mod, its helped me out a bunch with launch and with shifting as well. its neat because you can set it to around 4500-5000 and then adjust it with a tap of a button in your glove box at the track if you find your spinning or bogging. Really helps the consistency...
as for wheels and tires..
15x10 sve drags with 275 M/T Radial Pros. These are the best all around tire for any car stick or automatic. Me and deathwishracer have both used them on our manual cars and love them. He has tried the et streets and et drags and could not get better then a 1.70 60 ft. cutting 1.50 with the radial pros. Bonus- they don't sway at all and will generally allow you to achieve more mph then a slick. You won't find a lot of people recommending this tire just because they simply don't know about it/how good it is. The ones who have ran it, well.. They'll never switch back..

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score
also, removing the spare tire and jack and what not is a great way to lose weight without "Gutting anything" just throw the top cover back over it and you'll never miss it.

Ingwe

Reaction score
Nice list of parts. They are going to make a big difference. One thing I would suggest is to install them a few at a time. One of the things I did which I kind of regret is installing everything together. It's a lot more fun if you have the time and patience to do it bit by bit and see/feel the difference each one makes.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I have a habit of changing a few things at one time and never know which is the one that helped.
Last time I was at the track on the last run all of a sudden I bust out a 1.64 60 foot and had no idea what the hell helped from the tire pressure to the shock settings and launch RPM, but I recorded the settings after that lol.

lesson: one thing at a time!

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Most of that's installed already. It's just an overall list. I'm sitting at a 13.2 and 2.0 60 foot because I've only run on street tires and not that well to boot haha.

This round will install the one piece, short throw, WOT box, track tires and the rear suspension parts.

Ingwe

Reaction score
Just noticed the MGW on the list. That and the WOTBox are going to turn your world upside down.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Haha I'm hoping it will be fun and give the effect of a good driver mod haha

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Not only that, the wotbox actually saves your synchros from certain death.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
That's what I hear too. I'm looking forward to actually learning how to set the car up. I really wish I could write my own damn tunes because my bama tune is meh and I don't have 500$ for a dyno tune each time I change something.

Ingwe

Reaction score
Give Lito a shout. He'll hook you up. No need for a dyno tune and with a bit of datalogging you can be confident you're getting an excellent quality tune personalised not only for your car but also for your driving style at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Good to hear the box is a great mod.

Lito?

Ingwe

Reaction score

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet I'll give hime a shout. Thanks

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
fwiw - most tuners will not charge you for a entire new tune if you're making modest changes

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
fwiw - most tuners will not charge you for a entire new tune if you're making modest changes

On top of that depending on where you are some may actually go to the track with you and tune off the logs. Henson the guy i use went with me and stayed 4 hours and all he asked was i pay his way and feed him. Unbelievable customer service for $450...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back