Bogging. Need to improve my 60'

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
And yeah man if I was auto I wouldn't have any trouble haha. It's all about learning to drive manual. Which is the only way I'll ever drive a mustang personally.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
And yeah man if I was auto I wouldn't have any trouble haha. It's all about learning to drive manual. Which is the only way I'll ever drive a mustang personally.
42065d3412380f4a0869b7609c6fa02bb53bbfe59ab04af1bdabe40c940750fb.jpg

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
stock shifter here, no issues (I did swap trans fluid to Pennzoil Syncromesh). Stock 2-pc drive shaft here too.

If you want to save your money on that 1pc drive shaft, but still want that one tenth at the track:
- pull passenger seat (four bolts and 45+ lbs)
- gut your trunk (spare, jack, shaker sub and amps)
- run a power steering delete short belt (can swap it at the track in 10mins or less, then swap back before you go home)

yep

look here with a couple of options:

- pick up a set of 17" OEM wheels off craigslist cheap and go with p/n 3743 (26x11.50-17LT). I used to run this setup before switching to 15" drag wheels
- or get a set of 16" OEM V6 wheels and use p/n 3792 (26x10.5-16LT)

The 16" OEM should clear your brakes with no issue, will be lighter than the 17" OEM/ET street combo (buy a couple pounds), and there's plenty of section width/contact patch for your power level. You can drive to/from the track with either of the above combo's without issue.]

Power steering delete belt was worth tenth to two tenths for me. Best bang for the buck and that was In 1/8 mile. Highly suggest it

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
I'd rather do that later on. For now I like having the car in one piece, driving all night Friday and racing all day Saturday and back to cruising sunday. I don't want to prep for race day two days in advance pulling this and that. I can hit 12.5 or better with what I have planned and later on I'll start going more towards a weekend warrior route and get her into the 11s. But I think these guys had steered me right with the wheel/tire setup and RPM suggestions and launch suggestions which is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd rather do that later on. For now I like having the car in one piece, driving all night Friday and racing all day Saturday and back to cruising sunday. I don't want to prep for race day two days in advance pulling this and that. I can hit 12.5 or better with what I have planned and later on I'll start going more towards a weekend warrior route and get her into the 11s. But I think these guys had steered me right with the wheel/tire setup and RPM suggestions and launch suggestions which is much appreciated.

Lol it takes like 3 minutes, I did mine at the track. Of course I was pretty serious about greeting my times down. 7.80's isn't bad for N/A bolt on car!

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
The power steering I may try. I won't remove seats and gut the trunk and all that just yet I meant haha

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Short throw is awaiting installation and the driveshaft is on its way too so all that's left is a set of new MTs and I'll be ready to hit 12.5 or lower! Hopefully.

I wanted a 2-step as well but I've also heard you can unlock the 2-step with a bama tuned hand held. Since I don't plan to get a real tune yet, is this a viable option? Anyone ever used the feature? How do you physically use it at the track? Or is it a set it and it is what it is setting?

Last edited:

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
I tried it on 2 separate 2010's, would not work. The neutral Rev limit would overwrite the main Rev limit. Could not separate the 2

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
I've heard that to be common unless you call bama and tell them to "unlock" it in their tune. And in the instance of what I read, that allowed him to use it ok.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Bama will not unlock the two step. Why do you want one unless you are racing to beat some on(bracket racing)? If you are only trying to get a good time just sit on the line till you get it where you want. Time doesn't start till you do. I didn't read the whole thing but what suspension mods do you have? Those are key when I was running na and on nos I dead hook dropping the clutch at 5000+ rpm on drag radials. What short throw did you get? Unless it's mgw send it back lol. I had the roush and it looked cool but kept missing 3rd gear. Got the mgw and never miss now.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Also I'll just throw this out there I have 4.56s I used to drive it to work 100 miles round trip in the mountains on drag radials. I never had a problem and I was still getting 18mpg.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Suspension mods are eibach pro kit. That's it. The shifter is an MGW latest and greatest and I only race for fun at the track during test and tunes. I want my 60' to improve and I've found that if I think I'm launching at for example 3500rpm, I will actually go high or low on that depending. So a two step will eliminate the human error and provide a more consistent launch. And if I find I can get myself into a consistent time I might actually try bracket racing at some point.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to get what was suggested and a 26x11.5-17LT since I picked up a set of stock 17s for 60$

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Ha, I'm still half asleep. I realize now you asked him. My bad

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Seriously, like said before forget the MSD 2-step and go with the wot box. You'll have the 2-step function for launch and safe power shifting with the no-lift shifting feature will definitely cut your times down. You'll never even notice it when driving on the street.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with this^. I use a wot box for my 2 step and wot shifting. Mine also works as my nitrous window switch.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously, like said before forget the MSD 2-step and go with the wot box. You'll have the 2-step function for launch and safe power shifting with the no-lift shifting feature will definitely cut your times down. You'll never even notice it when driving on the street.

I just said 2-step. I dropped the idea of the MSD based on suggestions. I have to figure out more about the WOT box though since its Greek to me right now haha

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Just bought a WOT box as a matter of fact ha.

My short list still includes:

Driveshaft Loop
Lower control arms
Adjustable upper control arm
Adjustable panhard bar
26x11.5x17 MT ET streets
Pillar gauges - cosmetic to finally fill out my empty pillar pod haha
Fog lights - cosmetic

After that it should just come down to fixing whatever breaks for a while.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back