BOSS 302 Bearings and Gaskets

Rpm427sc

forum member
Reaction score
I should be getting my new rotating assembly in soon, and need to order the main bearings and gaskets.

Can you tell me the dimensions of grades 1,2,3 BOSS main bearings so I know what to order based on my clearances?

Also, I need basically a complete gasket set, do you offer a set with everything that is cheaper then ordering each one separately?

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
What year engine is it? Ford doesn't have a Boss specific engine gasket set so I would have to piece it together.

They also don't give any dimensions on the bearings, it's one of the true joys of dealing with Ford bearings. To look up the Ford bearings you're supposed to have the numbers off the crank and the numbers off the block and then use a chart in the service manual. That all goes right out the window with aftermarket or refinished cranks and blocks.

-Steve

Rpm427sc

forum member
Reaction score
Block was made late 2011, untouched mains, crank is new/factory and balanced for I-beams/Diamond pistons. Once the crank comes in I can get you the numbers off of it. I'll be checking clearances either way. Will that work?

As far as the gaskets, are there any differences between boss and GT? The CJ intake you sold me has intake runner and TB gaskets already so I don't need those.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
We can look at the numbers on the crank and see what comes up, most people just run with the Grade 1 bearings with no issues, not the best solution but if you check tolerances before final assembly you'll know.

The Boss head gaskets are different that GT gaskets so we will have to piece it together. Might be best to wait until we can look at those numbers and I'll put the list together. Our system only stores quotes about a week so I'd hate to put it together and then lose it before we can order it.

-Steve

Rpm427sc

forum member
Reaction score
Can you put the quote together with Grade 1 bearings? I'll order it as soon as you do. I'm getting uncomfortably close to my deadline and Livernois still hasn't shipped my stuff. Thanks.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Can you put the quote together with Grade 1 bearings? I'll order it as soon as you do. I'm getting uncomfortably close to my deadline and Livernois still hasn't shipped my stuff. Thanks.

I did a little playing with the list and it looks like the best route to go on the gaskets is to sell you the Ford gasket set plus a set of Boss head gaskets, if I piece it together with individual part numbers it ends up a little more.

For the full gasket set, Boss head gaskets, rod and main bearings you're at $359.71 plus shipping.

It should take 3-4 days to put it all together. I saved the list on quote Q478883, just give a call to order. 1-800-598-1484.

-Steve

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Would you be able to email me a tracking number?

Just sent it, I think we also just figured out the glitch that was causing tracking e-mails to not be sent. Yours went out before we found it.

Thanks, Steve

Last edited:
Back