Boss 302S A Arms on a 2006 GT

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Ross K and A47 K are "exactly" the same (besides paint) or if there are minute differences.

I think it's just paint ;) what did they want for it ?

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
Steve can you send me a picture of the k member you have for sale as well as a price shipped to 75093 business address

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Steve can you send me a picture of the k member you have for sale as well as a price shipped to 75093 business address

about $ 50 in shipping.

405727218.jpg

hunterwiley

forum member
Reaction score
Steeda SLA arms??

Steve, there is a guy looking for a tubular k-member for an 05 GT in the wanted section... I sent him a link to your post above.

Also, anyone had any experience with Steeda's "SLA" arms? They're the 12-13 style arms, with a longer ball joint (doesn't say how long though) and the red poly bushings already installed. Less expensive at $450 shipped. They also make a 05-10 style too, but it looks like the same arm. Perhaps it is with the smaller ball joint instead....

From Steeda's site.....

SLA's Boss competition arms are upgraded with high duroameter urethane bushings for greatly reduced deflection and upgraded longer ball joints for strength and improved front suspension geometry and alignment.

Reduced bushing deflection will noticeably increase steering response and maintain proper alignment geometry during hard cornering. The high-grade ball joints will improve front geometry for increased cornering grip, reduced under steer, and reduced body roll.

Most importantly, these arms won’t fold up, bend and break under high load conditions like other aftermarket tubular designs.

Note: Due to the relocation from the longer ball joint, 18 inch or larger wheels are required for clearance.

Product Benefits
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Will not fold up and break like aftermarket tubular designs
  • Track tested at Daytona Speedway at over 150 mph
  • Increased cornering grip - reduced understeer
  • Maintains proper alignment geometry, under hard braking
  • Reduced body roll
  • A must for 2005 through 2013 and Mustangs
  • No steering shimmy like other tubular control arms
  • Used by the top professional race teams

777-4900.jpg

777-4900-2.jpg

http://www.steeda.com/store/11-mustang-front-lower-control-arms-with-bushings.html

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
I'd like to know how they fit 2005-2013 as they are advertised. And where does the SLA come into play? Steeda make one that I don't know about or does the boss come with an SLA? Because I have a hard time believing they would cater to Griggs or Agent 47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
on the steeda arms, the stock one's on ebay are around $100 each, i got the same prothane bushings for $88 on amazon. the x5 ball joint is $150, so $430 for new arms. worth it to buy the steeda's.... i did my own to save $200 bucks, on the arms, but in my opinion it would be worth it as its a fucking pain in the ass to remove the stock bushings yourself, although i heard an air chiesel makes it much easier.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
on the steeda arms, the stock one's on ebay are around $100 each, i got the same prothane bushings for $88 on amazon. the x5 ball joint is $150, so $430 for new arms. worth it to buy the steeda's.... i did my own to save $200 bucks, on the arms, but in my opinion it would be worth it as its a fucking pain in the ass to remove the stock bushings yourself, although i heard an air chiesel makes it much easier.

The air chisel does do work on the sleeve pressed onto the arm, but its still a pain in the ass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Steve, there is a guy looking for a tubular k-member for an 05 GT in the wanted section... I sent him a link to your post above.

Also, anyone had any experience with Steeda's "SLA" arms? They're the 12-13 style arms, with a longer ball joint (doesn't say how long though) and the red poly bushings already installed. Less expensive at $450 shipped. They also make a 05-10 style too, but it looks like the same arm. Perhaps it is with the smaller ball joint instead....

From Steeda's site.....

SLA's Boss competition arms are upgraded with high duroameter urethane bushings for greatly reduced deflection and upgraded longer ball joints for strength and improved front suspension geometry and alignment.

Reduced bushing deflection will noticeably increase steering response and maintain proper alignment geometry during hard cornering. The high-grade ball joints will improve front geometry for increased cornering grip, reduced under steer, and reduced body roll.

Most importantly, these arms won’t fold up, bend and break under high load conditions like other aftermarket tubular designs.

Note: Due to the relocation from the longer ball joint, 18 inch or larger wheels are required for clearance.

Product Benefits
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Reduced body roll

777-4900.jpg

777-4900-2.jpg

http://www.steeda.com/store/11-mustang-front-lower-control-arms-with-bushings.html

I just bought these, they are basically stock arms with Prothane bushings Steeda tall ball joint. They give you a drill bit and instructions to drill the spindle to make ball joint fit early S197s. Almost did the install but I have worries about steering shudder (2011 Brembo GT). Also bought the Steeda bump steer kit, complete it was $599 with my discount, $665 list. Probably get them done next weekend.
Steve

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Well that answers my question about how they plan on fittng them 2005-2013. Came with a drill bit...

Jefro

forum member
Reaction score
I just did the x11 ball joints on mine. Here is the pic I took after I pressed out the stock one.

20130202_192315_zps12fdbeb9.jpg

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
Just to confirm:

The control arms and bushing are the same between the 2005 style and the 2012 style right?

Its only the ball joints that differ?

I assumed you used whiteline KCA433 for the bushing on the boss arms, as I didn't see one listed for the 2012's on whiteline's website.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Just to confirm:

The control arms and bushing are the same between the 2005 style and the 2012 style right?

Its only the ball joints that differ?

I assumed you used whiteline KCA433 for the bushing on the boss arms, as I didn't see one listed for the 2012's on whiteline's website.

The bushings are the same, but the arms changed in 2010. They still fit the old chassis though so only the ball joints were an issue. I had already bought the whiteline bushings to use on my stock arms before I bent one of them. I would have used the Ford Racing bushings but they cost as much as the arms.

Scruffy

forum member
Reaction score

From Steeda's site.....

Product Benefits
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Reduced body roll

777-4900.jpg

777-4900-2.jpg

They look legit but man the end of the arm just looks like it was chopped off with a mount for the balljoints welded on. :ugh1:

They seem to have been without failure from what I've seen however.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back