Bowling Green NMRA Roll Call and Turbo Coyote Shootout!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Thats awesome Bud. Congrats..... Wish I was there to enjoy it all.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Any update on qualifying. I can't even get anything on nmras facebook. Particularly interested in turbo coyote and gt500/cobra.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Track was pretty rough, the right lane in particular. I ran my time trial in the left lane (12.906). On my first pass I was right lane and it spun like crazy (13.6xx). Last two passes were left lane (12.846). Last pass was starting to cool down, so I took it easy on the launch and bogged it a bit and ran a 13.7xx. The street tires are killing me, going to definitely have to get a dedicated tire setup.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm pretty sure one of the 7 second Mustangs "Hit" the wall yesterday.

I say I think a 7-second Mustang because the guy in the other lane beside the guy that Hit the wall ran in the 7's.

The story I got when I walked over to the fence and saw the Mustang that hit was,

He lost traction and almost hit the other guy then slammed into the concrete wall.

There was pieces of it all over the place.

The driver got out and was walking around and seemed to be OK.

He was PISSED though as he threw some part or something at the Mustang once he was out of it.

They loaded it on a rollback and continued to clean up the track.

It tool awhile for them to do that.

Terry

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
It was mod father racing that hit the wall. He walked away. There was 130 something true street cars and they did have one car average in the 7's for the first time ever. It was a great weekend. Just a strong headwind on the track.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
7.78 at 181 for JPC. New best for the car. Moving out. I wanna see a jpc coyote vs devils reject grudge race. NO HOLDS BARRED!!!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like he got out of the grove then spun, but hard to tell for sure.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that was brutal......very unfortunate.

So who wont the shootout?

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
Track was pretty rough, the right lane in particular. I ran my time trial in the left lane (12.906). On my first pass I was right lane and it spun like crazy (13.6xx). Last two passes were left lane (12.846). Last pass was starting to cool down, so I took it easy on the launch and bogged it a bit and ran a 13.7xx. The street tires are killing me, going to definitely have to get a dedicated tire setup.

Seriously? Keep the street tires on the street man.. You'll go faster and won't tear up the track for everybody else. There was nothing at all wrong with that track, but more hard radial tires will certainly ruin a good prep job.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously? Keep the street tires on the street man.. You'll go faster and won't tear up the track for everybody else. There was nothing at all wrong with that track, but more hard radial tires will certainly ruin a good prep job.

I was far from the only one running street tires. Atleast I didn't run water down the track. If it were going to be an issue, they need to start denying entry to cars with street tires. And I was running true street, they prepped the track only at the beginning of the first pass and when needed for safety. I also know of several other people that could not hook well. If you ran, maybe you got lucky on timing with track prep. I know that Beech Bend is the track I frequent and I've definitely hooked better on other days. Granted it was cool that day.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that was brutal......very unfortunate.

So who wont the shootout?

JPC won the shootout, Alan was runner up. None of us had game for JPC's car. I raced Alan 2nd round and popped a charge pipe loose so he advanced with a bye the following round, then the finals. While it sucked to lose due to the charge pipe it was cool to show that in heads up anything can happen. My 2nd run against Larry the car didn't feel right (must have just been in my head) so I lifted when I had enough room and got on the brakes.

The track was hooking for just about everybody, to the point with consistent 1.25 to 1.29 60's I was wishing I had given it just a bit more on the launch to see what would have happened. Even in true street I'd try to get a good set of drag tires. It's gotta be scary skating around at half track on hard radials.

Here are a few vids of the races, I think all of us got new bests at the event. Hopefully we all meet up again in a year. Would be cool if NMRA would accomodate us again and more cars show up. Shout out to Henchmen Racing, Rev Auto, and JPC for throwing down the cash to make it happen and Dasan for heading the whole thing up:

They decided to run the winner of the TCS and the GT500/Term shootout against each other which was very cool. Unfortunately JPC lost that one, but not for lack of trying. The video doesn't do it justice, it was a crazy run down trying to get the win, but just fell short:

Last but not least, Slagburn (Jon) ran an 8.86 in his true daily driver. It gets driven to work every day about 30 miles each way. To top that off the car nailed a 1.28 60' on that run, was nuts!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back