Build thread: Jack of all trades

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry. In reference to the stripped nut, that is where the end link connects to the sway bar. I was able to tighten up the sway bar mounting brackets and the end link where it mounts to the strut with no problems (other than not having space for a torque wrench).

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
Oh yea. It was a clean one too. Not sure what he had under the hood but it was RHD, caged, and sounded MEAN :)

11229697_10100927147456367_1290090475758277060_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think new endlinks are in order. I recommend BMR's units. I'm not sure if they come with new hardware; if not, Kelly over at BMR can tell you the exact specs so you can order some new bits at your local Fastenal.

Also, you should be putting lock-tite or preferably anti-seize on EVERYTHING since you live in the rust belt.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I think new endlinks are in order. I recommend BMR's units. I'm not sure if they come with new hardware; if not, Kelly over at BMR can tell you the exact specs so you can order some new bits at your local Fastenal.

Also, you should be putting lock-tite or preferably anti-seize on EVERYTHING since you live in the rust belt.

They do come with new nuts for the endlinks, greasable ball joints, and are on-car adjustable ;). They're A LOT stronger than the OEM endlinks are.

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
Cool little gif from the last autocross of the season.

It was a faster course so I was able to do fairly well and take 2nd place behind a Focus ST with a super aggressive driver. He took my car out for a lap and beat my best time by 7/10ths :eek:

Still having a lot of trouble putting down power on corner exit. Might try switching back to the OEM rear sway bar next season and if that doesn't help, upgrade the diff. Also the stock cats are being put back on the car today. Can't stand the stinky exhaust any longer.

Last edited:

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chin up!!! I'll help you with your shopping...

"Ford's 2016 Mustang configurator is now live, which means we have final, official pricing for the Shelby GT350 and GT350R. As it turns out, the figures are the same as were leaked earlier this summer. The GT350 starts at $49,995 with destination and the $1300 gas-guzzler tax. The track-focused GT350R is $63,495."

Sorry to see the wrinkles.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back