Building my own forged wheels.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
I would highly encourage you to do thumbnails on paper with a pencil. Draw 20 or so circles and just quickly sketch out ideas. You'll be amazed how far you can push an idea when you remove yourself from the screen.

That being said, really digging your designs thus far. [emoji106]

I agree 100% haha. I think I have settled on the directional 9 spoke. I like wheels that are super simple, and super clean. Nothing flashy, just a good looking wheel.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
The cool thing with doing a directional and that you're doing it yourself is that you'll be able to match the direction for both sides.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I spent so long coming up with all these ideas that were just too over the top. I had to dial back all the details and go for something clean.

I did, however, design a very crazy wheel for an upcoming SEMA project. Dialing in the design now, and will start making them in a couple weeks. Obviously that one will be under wraps, but when it is unveiled at SEMA, I will be more than happy to share.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
ok forget the hello kitty ones, i want these

(3d printed btw)
88EVOUi.jpg

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Those'uns have the look of J.C. Whitney about them.

yeah, but its a crazy concept now with all this 3d printing shit going on. they probably couldnt handle the torque of a yugo, let alone a mustang

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ultra would stroke out trying to keep those clean!

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
haha, yeah the 3D printed wheels are interesting for sure.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
yeah, but its a crazy concept now with all this 3d printing shit going on. they probably couldnt handle the torque of a yugo, let alone a mustang

Why is that? I know you can print metals as well, but I don't know a whole lot about 3d printing other than the plastic printing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, but are the metals used for 3d printing something you'd trust for a wheel yet?

Not even close. haha. At my shop, we have a few 3D printers that we spent a lot of money on, and they make incredibly precise prints, but they are by no means "strong". We had an interest in purchasing a metal 3d printer, but the resolution on it was complete garbage and it felt incredibly brittle. There are a few different options that are kind of cool now, but they are astronomically priced.

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
Fire up Need for Speed (one of the later ones, forget which one...carbon?) And they have a nifty custom wheel designer thing, heh. Add concaveness, split spokes, number of spokes, etc :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back