Built thread: Saving a GT500

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, it was great driving it last night. It's such a blast to row through the gears. Can't wait to make it unique and make more power.

Mike

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That bright blue that the 2nd generation Focus came in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
mediterranean blue. I've always wished they offered that on more models.

3b5a5f6750faa5c7af697c35d6e8a443.jpg

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
My first thought when i saw it's current look, spray it with some clear and drive the wheels off of it. But wow, that satin white looks amazing!

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
No big updates. Enjoying the car with family in town. Tear down begins in September. Cams showed up and the shelf of parts is looking good

Mike

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Family left town. Still have some other projects before I complete before diving into this. But I got the blower and stuff off and it should be sold tonight. Played with the fuse box and computer to clean that area up. Going to keep it accessible instead of in the fender. The harness on the valve cover will move and the battery is going in the trunk. So those cables will disappear as well

Mike

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice project and mods. Keep it up!! Cant wait to see it finished!!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Sounds like you aren't a bright color car kind of guy, but I think your Shelby would be awesome in triple yellow, gotta have it green, competition orange, or grabber orange. That way, you are making your car unique by painting it a color that was not offered for your model/year, but still keeping it real by using Ford colors

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Sounds like you aren't a bright color car kind of guy, but I think your Shelby would be awesome in triple yellow, gotta have it green, competition orange, or grabber orange. That way, you are making your car unique by painting it a color that was not offered for your model/year, but still keeping it real by using Ford colors

thanks gents.

yeah, I just can't do it. buying a car of those colors isn't even on my radar. so I doubt it'll happen to this one.

it actually looks like I'll be wrapping the car again. I'm not willing to pay 6-9k for a shop to paint it down here because I have a fear of quality in the end with over spray, etc. Then I looked into doing it myself but simply don't have the space to do it. So a wrap will keep me happy till we move back to the mainland in a couple years and it can be painted then.

Mike

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man, I saw this car that was a satin (not matte or gloss) bright blue color that was freaking awesome. It was a wrap.

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Was very fortunate that a local buddy had just gotten an Eaton ported by Jokerz and ended up buying a whipple. He held on to it while I found a buyer for my stock blower, TB, intake and injectors. It also came with a 2.6 pulley (I already have one). Once I sell the pulley it'll be an even swap price wise!!!

I'm going to port match the opening and clean up the inside of the VMP elbow I have. Adding a 10% lower with the 2.6 and port should make for a healthy combo

Mike

Hard to capture in the pics. But the VMP elbow is quite larger. The short radius is much improved. Along with the overall inner diameter. Notice my high tech measurement comparison:

Stock

VMP

Last edited:

MIKE93SVT

Savior of Junk
Reaction score
Had a productive afternoon. Finished stripping the engine bay for the most part. Still have to pull the brake booster and abs module. Then fill a few holes and prep for paint. After that the fun stuff begins with installing the cams, 10% lower and exhaust

Mike

Back