car needs to go on diet

5.SLOW

Reaction score
I weighed my car and it was almost 3600. how much does some of you all cars weigh? what is best weight reduction and cheapest. like to get light as possibly.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Unless you're willing to drop serious coin and lose most of the creature comforts there isn't a lot of weight to shed. If you dont mind losing some comforts, you could remove all the seats, replace the driver seat with a cheap sparco (incredibly light and uncomfortable). Remove the stereo speakers and head unit, spare tire and equipment, door panels and side mirrors. Relocate the battery to the trunk so that weight is helping instead of doing nothing.

Beyond that you're talking about getting into material replacement (fiberglass or carbon fiber) hood/trunk lid, fenders, bumpers, remove the side skirts, buy light-weight race wheels (not practical for the street) ABS delete, AC delete, header side dumps and remove exhaust piping, tubular K-member, control arms both front and rear in aftermarket tubular design, aerospace brake calipers/rotors, safety glass removal in place of plexiglass.

So the question is how far do you need/want to go? 50-100lbs is do-able without getting hardcore. 100lbs+ is where things get "racecar".

5.SLOW

Reaction score
Did u miss the entire "how much does it weigh" thread?

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13162

yeah I did miss this and thanks

Unless you're willing to drop serious coin and lose most of the creature comforts there isn't a lot of weight to shed. If you dont mind losing some comforts, you could remove all the seats, replace the driver seat with a cheap sparco (incredibly light and uncomfortable). Remove the stereo speakers and head unit, spare tire and equipment, door panels and side mirrors. Relocate the battery to the trunk so that weight is helping instead of doing nothing.

Beyond that you're talking about getting into material replacement (fiberglass or carbon fiber) hood/trunk lid, fenders, bumpers, remove the side skirts, buy light-weight race wheels (not practical for the street) ABS delete, AC delete, header side dumps and remove exhaust piping, tubular K-member, control arms both front and rear in aftermarket tubular design, aerospace brake calipers/rotors, safety glass removal in place of plexiglass.

So the question is how far do you need/want to go? 50-100lbs is do-able without getting hardcore. 100lbs+ is where things get "racecar".

yeah I was afraid of that, but that helps some and goin to do race wheels and tubular parts. thanks

Back