Changed brakes, now I have a TPMS code.

GT-Bill

Reaction score
I changed my factory brakes to a set of 4 wheel Powerstop rotors and pads. I also painted the calipers while everything was apart. After putting it all back together I have a Tire pressure monitor fault on my dash. Not just the yellow light but it actually says Tire pressure monitor fault. Did I move the wheels to far away from the car or did I spray over something I shouldn't have. Any help would be appreciated before I go to the dealer. Thanks, Bill

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
probably need to resync the sensors, which means you will need the little tool to do it.

Maybe you could go by a Discount Tire and have them resync them.

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
have you driven around with the tires back on? I drive to the track and back with my slicks all the time and get a fault eventially (usually after 15 miles). when I put the daily driver rims and tires back on the fault clears once the tires have been put back on. sometimes it takes like a mile for it to clear.

Last edited:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I changed my factory brakes to a set of 4 wheel Powerstop rotors and pads. I also painted the calipers while everything was apart. After putting it all back together I have a Tire pressure monitor fault on my dash. Not just the yellow light but it actually says Tire pressure monitor fault. Did I move the wheels to far away from the car or did I spray over something I shouldn't have. Any help would be appreciated before I go to the dealer. Thanks, Bill

Are your wheels all the same size? Did you put them all back to the same location?

GT-Bill

Reaction score
Back the same way.

We did the car one side at a time and the wheels were never away from that particular part of the car. I have put about 30 miles on it and it still says it. Bill

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
I know this is a silly question, but.... have you checked the tire pressures?

Since the sending unit stays with the wheel, I don't see how changing your brakes would be a problem unless you accidentally dropped the wheel on something sharp. Mine always sync within a few dozen miles at the most. I've also found that the wheels will stay synced with the car as long as they stay within 10-15 feet of it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back