Cheap Alternative to Interior Ambient Lighting

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got all my lights yesterday, packaged well and look like they are very high quality! Thanks for the link to these!

Sweet! Glad you like them so far. Just do a quick test, if you haven't already and touch them to a the positive and negative terminals on the battery to see if they are too bright for your liking.

My blue is pretty bright, but the red is perfect. I would think that the orange wouldn't be too bright, and the UV will only point out how much (or little) action you've been getting in the Stang...:jerkoff:

anyone think about doing white? I may do it in white lights. I have mycolor option but I don't know... I must be too old for "mood lighting" in the rest of the car.

I thought about white at first, but I figured if I was already going to install some LED's, they may as well match my current gauges.

I'd use white more for "visual aid" than "mood lighting", so I'd probably install them in different spots. For example I'd probably install one on the bottom of the door, so if you drop something getting out of the car at night, you'd be able to turn on the LED to see what's on the ground. I'd also install them under the hood, so I could get some added light for when a drop light isn't handy.

Hmmm, I think you just gave me some ideas.:idea:

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can get an LED to fade. I may be wrong, but I think they are pretty much ON/OFF.

That is correct. Once you trip the forward bias voltage (~0.7V), they are ON regardless the current.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back