Check engine light

Rod

forum member
Reaction score
I recently got a tune from american muscle and a code keeps coming up that my car is running rich. The problem is that every time i clear the cel it comes back the next day. Is there a way to clear that cel permanantly because its kind of getting on my nerves. Ive already cleared it 4 times.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to email them and tell them to fix the tune if it is running that rich to throw a cell.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
What is the specific code number you are getting? I would also contact them and they will check the tune for you.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I would say it is tune related unless you made another change at the same time. Also make sure your tuner has the current firmware before you get the new tune from American Muscle.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
I would say it is tune related unless you made another change at the same time. Also make sure your tuner has the current firmware before you get the new tune from American Muscle.

And make sure you take the car back to stock before upgrading the firmware on the SCT. Their updater has a really bad habit of bricking the tuner, which will leave you extremely fucked if the car was tuned at the time.

Rod

forum member
Reaction score
I called american muscle, they told me to run a datalog which i coudnt because my computer keeps saying that no device is detected when my tuner is plugged in. I then called sct and was with them on the phone for about 2 hours and the conclusion was that it was my computer according to the tech i was chatting with. Im gonna call them back tomorrow and tell them that it is not my computer because i have an old sct tuner that was for my 08 mustang that is locked and when i connected it to the computer the device was connected. Right now i am super pissed and expect to call them tommorrow and tell them its the tuner and not my computer. We all know how much tuners cost, if i dish that much money out for one, i expect it to work properly. I hope any of you guys dont have to go through this.

2012GT

forum member
Reaction score
good luck man. keep us posted on how they treat you. Gus at Steeda will do you right if you have to chalk this one up on the loss column.

Radar Doc

Reaction score
Not sure which version of LiveLink you are using, but I too was having issues with the latest version communicating with my programmer.

The previous version 6.5 works great for me. You can find it here:

http://sctflash.com/LiveLink.php

Rod

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure which version of LiveLink you are using, but I too was having issues with the latest version communicating with my programmer.

The previous version 6.5 works great for me. You can find it here:

http://sctflash.com/LiveLink.php

Thanks. I tried it and still no sign of a tuner connected. I hope sct gives me a new tuner i mean it does say on their website they do have warranty. I just dont understand how they wanna say its my computer instead of being like." We will send you another tuner try that and if that does not work it may be another issue. I mean a new laptop is about a grand , and a tuner 375. That really pissed me off. They will hear about it tomorrow though.

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
Rod, I had the same issue with my tuner and SCT formatted the tuner and reloaded it and it works fine now.

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
I been thru 2 laptops and hours with sct about "no device detected" when trying to datalog.They know they have a issue.What they are gonna do I do not know.I am little pissed too.Using the tuner itself to log was suggested by the sct tech but he agreed that is not as good and accurate as the livelink way.I have just give up for now.I am not having any issues with my tune.It was just a personal satisfaction I wanted.....Just wanted to see my numbers and have them looked at.Keep us posted on what you and sct work out.The last laptop I was using was brand new and he took over remote wise and still could not get it to work.I think SCT has problems with Livelink period!

Reaction score
Op, have you tried another computer? Also, what are the specs on the computer you are trying to use?

Rod

forum member
Reaction score
It never worked on my laptop. They told me to take the tuner to my desktop and there he fixed the problem. So i guess im gonna have to buy a 12 volt car outlet plug and datalog with my desktop. Luckily i have an all in one desktop computer which means i just got to take the screen to the car. The sct guys were very nice and helpful but man im tired of calling. As long as i got it to work on one computer thats good enough for me. I dont wanna spend my day off on the phone all day. He updated the firmware which i was not able to do, but after multiple attempts he figured it out but i have to use my desktop for datalogging. P.O.S laptops.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back