Chris' GT Build

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
I would be interested in hearing about any differences felt in the cars handling or any stiffness differences in general after installing the bolt in 4 point bar once you are able to take it out on the track.

Cool setup!

claudermilk

Reaction score
Next step mostly complete. This weekend I got the harness mounts installed. As usual, I took far longer than it probably ought to, but elected to take my time and make sure I did the job as right as I could. I ended up using SoundGuyDave's response to a question I asked regarding this from a while ago and it worked out well (here: http://s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1977581&postcount=462). I ended up mounting four forged eyebolts behind the stock seat mounts, each will be used to attach a lap belt end and one of the anti-sub strap ends (fed through the seat joint).

Measuring, re-measuring, re-re-measuring. The first proposed location ended up directly on top of the air deflector stud underneath the car, so I had to adjust. This is where some extra time & thought paid off later, making sure that only one hole got poked in the car exactly where I needed it for each bolt.
i-4nkFrd4-M.jpg

Not lots to see yet. Pilot holes poked, lots of sound deadening goop from Ford.
i-rqgM8r5-S.jpg

Outer mount point driver's side. Scraped the goop & saw it was still not a smooth surface. Once everything got torqued down, the bolt ended up relatively straight--and I don't mind the little bit of doubled-up sheetmetal sandwiched there.
i-R2JBRHw-S.jpg

Hole drilled & test-fit, passenger side.
i-sgHxKPp-L.jpg

Trimmed fender washers for inner mounts, underside. Doubled-up to add some strength, and jammed under Boss302 side exhaust brackets.
i-jxBX42R-M.jpg

Driver's side outer mount backing plate test fit.
i-23PZFXh-M.jpg

Driver's side bolts mounted.
i-WPFbJ2x-M.jpg

Outer passenger side backing plate clearanced & test fit.
i-jgx3jn4-M.jpg

Outer driver's side mounted.
i-skPtGz2-M.jpg

Inner driver's side mounted. I had to take a pair of pliers & bend the tab out of the way (it was parallel to the floor pan--now is a nice buffer for the bolt).
i-CBDRL62-M.jpg

Driver's side air deflector with clearance hole drilled & mounted.
i-gLPFWtr-M.jpg

Potatocam shot of what you see with the carpet back in place.
i-xppcG83-M.jpg

And a close-up of one bolt.
i-zx7hxZ5-M.jpg

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Clock your eyebolts 90 degrees from where they are right now.

:happythumbs:

claudermilk

Reaction score
Why? That would twist all the belts. The current orientation seems like it will keep them in line.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
I....can't find the document that told me to do that. I thought it was from schroth?

If somebody knows why the eyebolt should be 90 degrees one way or the other, please comment.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Right, but that forces a twist. Seems like it will bind up that way on the lap belts.

I'll have to go look up the G-Force install sheet again.

claudermilk

Reaction score
A quick update. I got the harnesses all installed before the track day. They worked great; I definitely could tell just strapping in I was held in place much better. As soon as I hit the track, the difference was obvious. Thankfully I ordered the pull-up style lap belts as there is no way pull down would have worked.

I actually had to consciously remind myself not to brace my knee on the console entering a turn. Now a couple of days later, the difference is again obvious--no major muscle soreness this time. This was very much a worthwhile upgrade.

Potatocam pic:
i-nkgppxL-M.jpg

Now that I cannot stuff even one race tire in the back, I think I'll eventually get their rear seat delete kit just to clean up the interior & regain some sound deadening while the bar is in.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back