clearcoat on wheels peeling!

stang72

Family of Stangs
Reaction score
What are my options?Does anybody refinsh them?They are magnum 500 18x9.Just put brakes on wife's car.Went to wash them front and back while they were off the car and noticed some clearcoat starting to peel.Also like a price if anybody has had them done.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are guys that car dealers use that repair and refurb aluminum wheels. My bother, crash repair estimator, tells me his local guy does pretty amazing work. I'd try contracting a local repair shop and find out if you have a local guy that could fix them up.

donatiohseven

forum member
Reaction score
shoot me a picture of the wheel, and check out atlanta hydro imaging. we can do some pretty rad stuff depending on wheel type.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
My dealer scratched my aluminum cc rim doing a valve stem recall and called in one of those wheel doctors to fix it. After he was done doing his "best work" they bought me a new rim.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My dealer scratched my aluminum cc rim doing a valve stem recall and called in one of those wheel doctors to fix it. After he was done doing his "best work" they bought me a new rim.

Doesn't condemn them all.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Check with some local tires shops as most should have a place they use to repair and refinish wheels.

Last edited:

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
have them media blasted with a soft media like walnut shell, then have them powdercoated clear. i think most powdercoating places can do this

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Let us know how that turns out. I was told it takes a $100,000 machine to put that clear coat on a rim.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back