Clutch engagement point now at the floor

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
I noticed that the clutch was engaging REALLY low when I drove tonight. There was no abuse; just happened to notice this when I started the car.

It engaged so low that it actually surprised me when the car lurched forward so quickly.

Even with my foot all the way to the floor, it doesn't feel like the clutch is depressed 100%. When I try to shift into gear(s), it feels like i am trying to shift without depressing the clutch.

Thoughts? Slave cylinder?

Has anybody had this issue before? What did ford do?

vakane

Minister of sinister
Reaction score
I'll take "Backed out pp bolts" for 300...

Happened to me about a year ago now...

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Uh-oh. Sure does sound like the pressure plate bolts to me too. Check your clutch pedal reservoir though, just to rule out leaks.

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
Reservoir is full.....

Wonder what Ford will say when they see the Blower?

hawkeye18

omgwtfbbq
Reaction score
The blower didn't cause the PP bolts to back out. They have to warranty it.

Reaction score
did you have any noise from the clutch when you depressed the pedal , my 2012 only has 681 miles and i think im in the same boat , and the goddamn dealer says thats normal clutch noises! i hope this mother fuc*er explodes

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
did you have any noise from the clutch when you depressed the pedal , my 2012 only has 681 miles and i think im in the same boat , and the goddamn dealer says thats normal clutch noises! i hope this mother fuc*er explodes

I hear no noise when the clutch is depressed. It is whisper quiet. Although it feels very very lazy.

I have 3125 easy miles.

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
just got mine back last friday. the clutch never stuck on the floor at high rpms till now. fixed clutch=stuck clutch now.

Entrenched

forum member
Reaction score
When my clutch would not fully disengage, my bolts were fine, but the pressure plate fingers were bent uneven. The clutch disc itself also had a very loose spring. It's in the garage if pictures would help. The flywheel was perfect. The clutch disc and PP face had almost zero wear.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
LOL if its the black kitt i doubt they will notice lol... but welcom to the 6Speed manual world ... sucky place to be in a 2011 car.

Back