Clutch install help

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just installed a Mcleod RST clutch and Mcleod flywheel in my 13 GT. Got it all together and it is not disengaging completely. With the engine on it will not let me go into any gear what so ever and i started the engine with the car in gear and with the clutch pressed all the way down the car started rolling. Any ideas? I installed a new TOB and stainless clutch line too and pumped the pedal over 1k times yesterday (I counted) and the pedal is firm. I really dont wanna take the trans out again....

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
If I were to take a quess... sounds like there could be a tolerance issue between the floater plate and clutch discs. If the floater wasn't torqued to spec the clutch discs could be dragging.

What did you torque the floater to? Check the gap between floater and clutch discs?

To little gap between the floater and inner disc will cause the inner disc to drag.
To much gap between the floater and inner disc will cause the outer disc to drag against the pressure plate.

GDCracing

Reaction score
As far as I know the clutch plate itself has to be installed on a certain side for clearance. One side has a lip were the input shaft goes through. Maybe I'm way off but that's my experience with clutches I've installed at work, but a different manufacture. Best of luck. Let us know if you find anything.

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
i found out what i did, installed the top clutch disk inside down lol. Car is rockin and rollin now thanks guys

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back