Clutch issue????

punisher1982

ABQSTANG
Reaction score
Recently I have noticed a rattling metal ticking sound when stopped and the car in gear. When I put it in neutral the sound stops. I also hear it when I slowly start to move in first. Do you all think I'm having clutch issues or any ideas what it could be? The clutch isn't slipping and I have no problems going thru the gears.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Most likely the throw out bearing. Most, if not all manual cars with aftermarket cams will make the same noise. Mines been doing it for 6 months now. My clutch still functions perfectly.

AK83

forum member
Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing and I was told it was the throw-out bearing. Besides the annoying noise everything functions perfectly, I'll change the TO bearing when I replace the clutch.

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
when did it start? mine does the same thing but car has been driving fine for a long time

punisher1982

ABQSTANG
Reaction score
I started noticing the noise (While accelerating slowly) about 2 months, and just a few weeks ago I noticed it while sitting in gear not moving.

NickS

slow3v
Reaction score
Mine sounds awful when moving slowly / slipping the clutch, especially after a hard drive. It sounds absolutely awful.

90k on stock clutch, still holds strong as ever though.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with the clutch. Even when you are in neutral, with the pedal out the clutch and input shaft are still spinning. The TB is always in contact with the PP also. If it were the TB it would make noise all the time. Do you have aftermarket cats? I have heard that they can rattle.

Back