Clutch recomdations

344Saleen

forum member
Reaction score
Im in the market for a new clutch just wanted to know what was everyone running and if they liked it. Also is there any clutch companies to stay away from? So far Ive been looking at Spec and ACT. Im pushing about 450RWHP so i need a decent clutch that can handle a lil power.

Thanks

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that I fought a spec 2+ for a while then pulled it and replaced it with a McLeod RST and couldn't be happier. The spec was a piece of shit and their customer service was worse. I do hear that the 3+ is a good clutch from spec but they will never get my money again.

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
I run the Mcleod RST. At first it was great. Better all around then stock, but could handle the power. Towards the end it was starting to get a little grippy. I will see how it is handling the higher power when I get my car back from BBR.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Exedy Mach 500

End of story. We've had great success with these clutch. They hold awesome amounts of power and you don't lose driveability and you don't get a super stiff clutch pedal. So you can actually drive your car around in traffic and not have a sore leg afterwards. LOL

Back